Time from "Under Review" to Verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cannister

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I just hope that someone is on the same boat as I am. I have been placed "under review" on July 19 and this status hasn't changed as of today. Has anyone who have been verified ever experienced a similar situation.

Thanks for your help. :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

cannister said:
Hi guys, I just hope that someone is on the same boat as I am. I have been placed "under review" on July 19 and this status hasn't changed as of today. Has anyone who have been verified ever experienced a similar situation.

Hi,
I was also under review for about 3-4 working days even though I didnt have many transcripts to send. You can give them a call and ask as well! Goodluck!

cannister said:

July 9, and I am still waiting....

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Des, thanks for your reply. Did you ultimately get verified and when did you submit?

Did they make any significant changes to your GPA or courses?

:(

I too am under review.
Submitted: July 5.
Anyone know how long the usual wait is?

DrHusky, are f**king kidding me? July 9?

Are you saying your status changed from "Ready for Review" to "under review" and it hasnt changed since July 9?

What the f**k is going on at AMCAS?

Hey wildtumor, when did your status change from "ready for review" to "under review"?

cannister said:
Hey Des, thanks for your reply. Did you ultimately get verified and when did you submit?

Did they make any significant changes to your GPA or courses?

:(

Hi Can,
Yes, it ultimately got verified. I submitted mine towards the end of June, so the wait might be longer now. No, not any major changes to courses or GPA, just minor fixes here and there. If you feel anxious, give them a call. Good luck!

cannister said:
DrHusky, are f**king kidding me? July 9?

Are you saying your status changed from "Ready for Review" to "under review" and it hasnt changed since July 9?

What the f**k is going on at AMCAS?

Yeah, I submitted July 5/6 and it went from "Ready for Review" to "under review" July 9. I guess I didn't realize that this was that unusual....I just chalked it up to those dolts at AMCAS.

I am thinking about giving them a call, but I don't feel like waiting a hour on hold to talk to the one person working there!!

cannister said:
Hey wildtumor, when did your status change from "ready for review" to "under review"?

Honestly, I can't say I remember. My friend asked me today if it changed. I didn't know this happened. I always thought it simply went from "submitted" to "verified."
Sorry I can't be of more help - WT

DesiMcatAcer said:
Hi Can,
Yes, it ultimately got verified. I submitted mine towards the end of June, so the wait might be longer now. No, not any major changes to courses or GPA, just minor fixes here and there. If you feel anxious, give them a call. Good luck!

I gave them a call many times and one representative even gave me a freakin attitude saying I called too much. Their answers are always beating around the bush and never can answer me definitely about why it is taking so god damn long.

I doesn't make any sense. I can't imagine one person or verifier spending 4 freakin days to look at two transcripts? Is it that complicated? Do they take like breaks after each course they verify or something...this is complete and utter crap.

Anyone wanna share similar experiences and had it verified?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
It took them 40 days for mine to get verified. I submitted 6/15 and it was verified today, 7/25. I'm sorry, but I think that is ridiculous how long it took. Who am I? Moses?

cannister said:
Anyone wanna share similar experiences and had it verified?

Thanks

Less than an hour... I think some of these posts are referring to "ready to revire" - "verified"....becuase I can't imagine them working on one app for that long unless one of the reviews got real sick or something

there is a whole thread about submit/verify times...

I think that it is called "April MCATer's submit AMCAS already?"

fast forward to the last page and it has a big list of when people submitted and when they were verified.

doctajay said:
Naw, I just submitted the day there was flooding in D.C. so everything was delayed.

yea.. but if you submitted that day, you were "ready to review" that day, why would the actual verification "under review" take 20 days? That implies some dude was sitting with your application in front of him for 20 days calculating you gpa, etc.

DRKUBA said:
yea.. but if you submitted that day, you were "ready to review" that day, why would the actual verification "under review" take 20 days? That implies some dude was sitting with your application in front of him for 20 days calculating you gpa, etc.

Hey DrKuba, that is what I am thinking. My status went from "ready for review" to "under review" on July 19 and it hasn't changed as of today. There was actually one other person who said it took him about 5 days to go from "under review" to verified.

It boggles the mind. How can one person take 5 days to look at one application? Does the person take a break after every course he verifies?

This is complete BS and stressful on applicants and totally unnecessary.

cannister said:
Hey DrKuba, that is what I am thinking. My status went from "ready for review" to "under review" on July 19 and it hasn't changed as of today. There was actually one other person who said it took him about 5 days to go from "under review" to verified.

It boggles the mind. How can one person take 5 days to look at one application? Does the person take a break after every course he verifies?

This is complete BS and stressful on applicants and totally unnecessary.

Yea, i agree that is ridiculous, you must have gotten unlucky with a crappy reviewer. but hey, i'd rather be unlucky now and really lucky later in this process :luck:

Hi theaggie07, how long did it take for you to go from "under review" to being verified. That is the topic being discussed.

40 days from time of submission (i.e. "ready for review) to verified is normal.

Remember that there is 3 stages: ready for review
under review
verified

Ready for review begins when they got all your transcripts, but under review is when they are actually looking at your transcripts to verify course work.

Thanks anyway for your input

cannister said:

wow, thats a quick bump, lol. The thread was only like halfway down the first page. It's not as bad as I saw the other day. Someone bumped a thread that was first, under the stickies :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hey Papillon11, if you are out there, I notice that your status still reads "under review" on 7/12.

Has your status changed? Let me know so I can have an idea how many people are actually having the same problem as me.

I have been "under review" since 7/19 and still hasn't been verified.

If you are still under review, I have this bad feeling we are being verified by the SAME SLOW verifier.

God speed.....god speed :oops:

cannister said:
Hey Papillon11, if you are out there, I notice that your status still reads "under review" on 7/12.

Has your status changed? Let me know so I can have an idea how many people are actually having the same problem as me.

I have been "under review" since 7/19 and still hasn't been verified.

If you are still under review, I have this bad feeling we are being verified by the SAME SLOW verifier.

God speed.....god speed :oops:

Dude, chill out and give it some time....I submitted amcas on 7/12...transcript confirmation 7/15.....and was verified this morning...7/26, and I am EDP. Also, I checked yesterday and it said "ready to be reviewed"...so there was no "under review" for me....it just went straight from 'ready" to "processed".