Time per passage and question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moto_za

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much time should you give yourself for each passage and question? I was thinking 2-3 minutes per passage and a minute per question? Most of the practice passages I have do not have a time indicated so just wondering how to calculate it.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are referring to the MCAT Verbal Reasoning, then you should spend 2min30s reading the passage (approximately), and 1 min (approximately) per question.

Members don't see this ad :)
Searching through the Internet, I realized that the nubmer of questions for verbal section (CBT) is fixiated at 40. Is this right? Then I suppose that there will be six passages with aobut 7 questions per passage?

How much time should you give yourself for each passage and question? I was thinking 2-3 minutes per passage and a minute per question? Most of the practice passages I have do not have a time indicated so just wondering how to calculate it.

That is exactly the timing you should use. For sciences, it's 2 minutes per passage and 1 minute per question, which will leave you with a 4-minute cushion in case your test is calculation heavy.

For verbal reasoning, it's 2 minutes 30 seconds per passage and 1 minute per question, which will leave you with a 2 and a half minute cushion.