Time per TBR passage?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quadomatic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was doing passages from TBR Physics Section I yesterday. I got murdered, but I feel like a lot of it was due to stress of time.

I was aiming to finish each passage in less than 6 minutes, because that's how SN2ed's schedule described it. However, I looked at the front of the passage section, and it said 90 minutes for the 10 passages, so that's 9 minutes per passage. I also looked in the TPR Biology book I got today, and it says that you basically have 9-9.5 minutes for 7 question PS/BS passages.

I'm trying to take timing very seriously. Back in the days of the ACT, I got murdered on time. I'm trying to be careful to not make the same mistake again.

Is taking 9 minutes for 7 question long passages a bad thing? Using the extra time would significantly cut down on stress (the time-stress is causing a lot of really dumb errors).

Members don't see this ad.

It's not under 6 minutes. Your goal is to get to 6 minutes, not under it. Start with about 7 minutes and work towards it.

Timing:

- ALWAYS complete your practice problems under TIMED conditions
- For BR passages: 6-7 minutes per passage, work towards 6 minutes
- For the EK 30-minute exams….well 30 minutes
- EK 1001, except Bio series: 30 seconds to 1 minute per question
- EK Verbal 101/TPR Verbal: 6-7 minutes per passage, work towards 6 minutes
- AAMC FLs: Use their timing

I ALWAYS found 6 minutes to be a ridiculous goal, personally. I ended up working toward 7 minutes for br. I think that is pretty realistic.