Time preparing for activities added into work/activities hour count?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XyZ1000

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, all. When filling out the work/activities section, do we include undocumented time spent working on that project/activity? For example, I was the leader of an outreach program and would spend hours each week putting together materials for the time we spent at the program and practicing with coworkers. Would I include this time, even though it can't be verified? Thanks so much for any light you are able to shed on this topic.

Members don't see this ad.

If the time can't be verified, you are taking a chance by including it. You might claim the hours you put in and then add something to the explanation regarding the number of hours of prep that were required for each hour of activity.

Reactions: 1 user
If the time can't be verified, you are taking a chance by including it. You might claim the hours you put in and then add something to the explanation regarding the number of hours of prep that were required for each hour of activity.

Thanks for letting me know. I think I'll be safe and stick to verifiable.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, all. When filling out the work/activities section, do we include undocumented time spent working on that project/activity? For example, I was the leader of an outreach program and would spend hours each week putting together materials for the time we spent at the program and practicing with coworkers. Would I include this time, even though it can't be verified? Thanks so much for any light you are able to shed on this topic.
Whoever is in charge of the program should know how much time is spent on preparation.

Fo
Don't you have a supervisor or faculty advisor?

Not one that keeps track of our hours, just one who is "technically" our representative who we go to for advice. She doesn't know what hours we put in preparing as they are pretty unstructured and my team works it out with our schedule ourselves.

Not one that keeps track of our hours, just one who is "technically" our representative who we go to for advice. She doesn't know what hours we put in preparing as they are pretty unstructured and my team works it out with our schedule ourselves.
I don't think any faculty advisor keeps track of hours. If you are doubtful about them vouching for your hours, please check with them.