time-sensitive 2009-2010 cycle decision: Georgetown vs. Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jleelee

MSIV
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any/all opinions welcome! I have 7 days to decide. Give me your rants, raves and everything in between! My only request is that you're transparent about any biases :)

Keep in mind the following: a student who's interested health care policy, (global and local) public health and social justice. Basically I want to be the white female version of Atul Gawande. haha

I don't give a damn about rankings.

I won't be offended if people talk frankly about the religious affiliations (Georgetown = Jesuit Catholic; Einstein = Orthodox Jewish observations).

I do care about (ranked in order of importance):
(1) quality of living (study space, food/grocery accessibility, student space, environment outside of the school)
(2) type of students (relatively content, motivated, trying to find balance, a niche of students who care about social justice issues, curious and engaged in aspects of life outside the science of medicine)
(3) curricular emphasis on the balance between the art and science of medicine
(4) opportunities in public health
(5) opportunities in health care policy

In terms of support network, I have a sibling in NY but that's it. In DC I have a few extended family members and a bunch of friends from college.

Last thing - I know that both schools have similar stats when it comes to many of these topics...which is why I'm turning to SDN to find the nuances =)

Thank you!! Let the opinions rip!

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.