TIME SPENT ON ESSAYS

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by RizKhan, Aug 17, 2001.

1. RizKhan

RizKhan Member

HEY ALL
    I am currently in the process of applying to DO schools.....Im almost finished with the AACOMAS...just need to finish up the personal statement...which brings me to the question
    I was curious as to how much time did people spend on the essay and is it a crucial factor in your opinion. Also will there be similar essays to write in the secondary applications
    I would really appreciate the info
    and best of luck to all u out there in this gruelling process

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. together

together Senior Member

You don't have much space with AACOMAS so use it wisely! I spent about 10 revisions on mine.

Together

4. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator

Resident [Any Field]
    For the primary I had about 10 revisions.....

As for the secondaries, you will have similar questions and in the beginning you should make sure you respond wisely as it can make a difference. As you get use to the responses, you'll get quicker in time.... Good luck....

5. Amra

Amra A Quiet Voice of Reason

Not a lot of space on AACOMAS... I think mine worked out to be ~270 words total... I probally did only 3-4 revisions since I had a draft done for my school's committee bio.

BTW, do the schools actually read that thing? It wasnt included on my AACOM summary sheet...

-A