1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

time spent to finish undergrad work

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Greg Focker RN, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Greg Focker RN

Greg Focker RN Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I was just wondering if you guys think this would be a factor that med schools look at. For instance, I work full time and may not be able to go back to school full time to finish up my degree.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ad_sharp

ad_sharp Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Listen Focker,
    It probably doesn't matter too much so long as it doesn't take you an eon to complete the degree. However, you do want to be able to demonstrate to the adcoms that you can handle the demanding courseload at medical school--This is your top priority. You should probably try to be a full time student if at all possible It's not easy to do work and school full time, but it can be done, but if something's gotta give, make sure that it's your work schedule.

4. Angeliqua

Angeliqua Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hi Focker,
    I would not worry too much about how adcoms will view it, a lot of people have to work during college and they will understand if it takes you an extra semester or two to finish. The most important thing is to maintain good grades, that is the first thing the adcom will look at!

Good luck!

Love the screen name, by the way.