Time to relax and enjoy the holidays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilninja

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all of you out there who have been checking mail every day, email several times a day... you know it has been pretty slow the last several weeks (I know it has for me - I was on a nice roll, and then it all stopped!).
But seriously, the adcoms are part of academic systems, most of which are shutting down for the holidays, and I don't blame them. Everyone's mind is now focused on spending time with family and friends. I don't expect to hear anything further, good or bad, until January, so I think it is time for me to make an effort to enjoy the holidays, so I can be refreshed and energized to take on what may be some pretty chaotic times in the new year.
SDN has been invaluable to me as a resource and needless to say, there a ton of utterly terrific people here whom I would love to be in school with next year.
I keep reading posts from stressed out people - I know it's hard, but there's not much that's going to happen in the next two weeks, so you might as well make the best of it and have some fun. I'm going to put this whole process out of my mind, at least until after New Year's - it sure looks like it'll be pretty slow this year anyway.
Everyone, have a safe and happy holiday season and a great New Year. See you all in 2002!

-ln

Oh, and in case you are thinking I am calm because I have already gotten in somewhere - you're wrong! :) I have only had 2 interviews, with one scheduled in January (one of my top choices), and nothing else (I am trying to be optimistic, at least until March or April).

Members don't see this ad.