time watch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ocean09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a good time watch right now to do the MCAT practice. Anyone knows any good time watch out there?

I'm looking for a good quality watch that will last a while. Moreover, it needs to have the count down.

If you can provide me a website to buy it then that will be great!

Thanks in advance.

Ocean09

Members don't see this ad.

they have digital watches at target for about 10 dollars. they have stopwatches on them, but they count up, not down.

ocean09 said:
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a good time watch right now to do the MCAT practice. Anyone knows any good time watch out there?

I'm looking for a good quality watch that will last a while. Moreover, it needs to have the count down time, if that makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

Ocean09
use yr cell phone

Members don't see this ad :)
ocean09 said:
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a good quality watch that will last a while. Moreover, it needs to have the count down time, if that makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

Ocean09

You have to make sure it doesn't beep when you push the buttons. Most digital watches can be silenced until you use the stopwatch mode, then it beeps when you hit the start, stop, lap, and reset buttons. Not sure why that is. You can manually silence it by removing the back then putting a piece of tape on the inside of it to block the springs from making contact with it. I did this to mine and it worked great.

I need to get the battery changed in my watch. It's been dead since Feb and it's a pita to find a place to change it out because their watchmakers are never in-house. It's a chrono so it definitely will help. Oh yea, and it's a good luck thing, too. :)

luckycharms08 said:
they have digital watches at target for about 10 dollars. they have stopwatches on them, but they count up, not down.

I was kinda disappointed when i finally realized that this digital watch at target doesn't have the count down. :( I want count down. :oops:

hmm so you can't use a watch if it makes a beep when you start it? it makes no other sounds besides that, not on the hour or anything. usually i'll stop it during a break, so that shouldn't be a problem- but i'm not sure how to keep it from beeping in the beginning. is that bad, can i not bring it then??

or do i have to take the back of it off - like someone suggested

I bought a digital watch off ebay for like 20-30 dollars that is supposed to be designed for standardized tests.

It can count up and down and can be set for pacing a few ways.... it also will change colour as time is running out....

I wasn't trying to get all high tech lol but my normal watch only has 12, 3 , 6, and 9 sectioned off.... and ended up costing me more time when i was trying to figure out how much time I had left.....

so far this new digital watch has been really helpful and I just use the countdown feature.... not all the pacing stuff....

I think it was definitely worth my money.... hope that helps

silenttimer.com...i got the silent timer wrist watch for 25$, and it kicks ass....counts up and down....it does what you need to do....i couldnt stand my wristwatch...the tick-tock every second was driving me insane!