Timeline help/suggestions class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeetleMSU

Deetle Bug Extraordinaire
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was hoping one of you experienced pre-meds could answer a question for me.

I decided to start my second degree this fall and will be completing it by Spring 2010. My question is:

When would be the best (& earliest) time to submit applications to AACOMAS and MSUCOM for the class of 2014?​

I'm guessing early next summer (May 2009). l would prefer late summer like the beginning of August 09' since I plan on making up a few less than stellar grades during the summer.

Thanks & have a ducky night:)

Members don't see this ad.

I was hoping one of you experienced pre-meds could answer a question for me.

I decided to start my second degree this fall and will be completing it by Spring 2010. My question is:

When would be the best (& earliest) time to submit applications to AACOMAS and MSUCOM for the class of 2014?​

I'm guessing early next summer (May 2009). l would prefer late summer like the beginning of August 09' since I plan on making up a few less than stellar grades during the summer.

Thanks & have a ducky night:)

You've guessed correctly: the earliest you can begin to input info into your AMCAS app would be May 2009. The earliest date you can submit the application is June 1st, 2009, so you run the risk of your Spring quarter grades (transcript) delaying your application. However, it shouldn't be by too much, I would imagine. If you time your LOR submission just right and request transcripts as soon as you could at the end of spring quarter, my guess for AMCAS submission would be middle to late June, maybe a little later.

Throwing another quarter of classes into the mix will delay your application submission considerably, but if it's to boost your GPA and EC's, then I say go for it. It's best to submit early (from what I've heard on the boards), but consider the strength of your application and then make your decision.:xf:

If you know what schools you would like to apply to, browse through the Secondary Prompts now to start drafting responses. That way, you'll have your secondaries partially complete and you won't be overwhelmed as you receive them. Most of the prompts - if not all - don't change. Also, the majority of the schools have similar questions so if you do change your list of schools, chances are that you've already pre-written a response that fits the general theme of the new prompt. That's just my suggestion on making life easier for yourself.

Members don't see this ad :)
... someone decided to start this thread!

I have a question, excuse me if it is really simple. I'm new at this!

1.) Does AAMCOS open the same date as AMCAS?

2.) Is there a specific date that you can begin filling out applications for the 2010 cycle? As in before the June 1st submit opening? (I believe currently that you can only open an AAMCOS and AMCAS account for the current 2009 cycle)

Thanks guys. I don't post much because I find almost ALL the answers I need to question on this website. Good luck all you Non-trads!

"Whose ready..." is improper grammar. It's "who's ready..." as in "who is ready." "Whose" means "to whom it belongs."

1.) Does AAMCOS open the same date as AMCAS?

It's AACOMAS. And they open pretty much the same day, June 5ish, give or take a week. TMDSAS (the Texas system) tends to open in May.

2.) Is there a specific date that you can begin filling out applications for the 2010 cycle? As in before the June 1st submit opening? (I believe currently that you can only open an AAMCOS and AMCAS account for the current 2009 cycle)

The app opens on June 5ish. There's no reason to not start a 2009 app, for investigative purposes, just don't submit it.

Best of luck to you.