Timeline of interview invite help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

santoukie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I've been searching (I'll delete this post if someone can guide me) but I have average stats 3.5+ 30+ completed mid july-august to 20 or so schools, but no invites. handful of rejections...awesome.

What exactly is the timeline for these invites? If I don't hear back in september does that mean I need to revamp my application given my chances for acceptance decreases even after an interview (given so many people probably interviewed already)?

Can you guys give me some insight. Thanks

let me edit this; so the reason I ask is because I hear conflicting answers. Books I've read say invites go till ~ March so don't stress. On the other hand posts/threads in studentdoctor stress that if you're not getting invites in aug-sept, you're chances are slimmer and slimmer.

PS--I can't believe I've been on these boards since 2005...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It is very early in the cycle. When you are going to recieve an invite depends on a bunch of factors. Some schools have just started sending out invites. Some haven't even started sending invites yet. Some are still screening for secondaries. If you get to January and don't have any interviews, then it might be time to revamp your app. Until then, just hold tight. The waiting is the worst part.

It is very early in the cycle. When you are going to recieve an invite depends on a bunch of factors. Some schools have just started sending out invites. Some haven't even started sending invites yet. Some are still screening for secondaries. If you get to January and don't have any interviews, then it might be time to revamp your app. Until then, just hold tight. The waiting is the worst part.

I agree with this.

SDN is a frustrating place to be with no invites, but always remember that it is not a true representation of the premed community.

Members don't see this ad :)
that is very true, thanks for the advice.

Yeah I have been on and off sdn for years, I am definitely a non-trad student.

Well it's good to hear that it's still early. I'll keep you guys updated.

By "revamp" your app, do you mean improve your application for the next cycle?

By "revamp" your app, do you mean improve your application for the next cycle?

You should always be doing something to improve your application candidacy so that you have more things to discuss during interviews and the opportunity to update schools if you are on waiting lists or need to send LOIs. Don't sit idly during the application cycle.

You should always be doing something to improve your application candidacy so that you have more things to discuss during interviews and the opportunity to update schools if you are on waiting lists or need to send LOIs. Don't sit idly during the application cycle.

huh... good advice, yeah

I meant revamp as in next year (if need be)

but I am in the process of helping out local hospitals to increase my clinical exposure.