Timeline to Interview->Acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amra

A Quiet Voice of Reason
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm a self-admitted impatient person - I once started hyperventilating in a drug store while waiting in line to buy a pack of gum... :eek:

What is the timeline you've experienced from interview to acceptance/hold/waitlist from a particular school?

I'm antsy as hell!

-A :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I interviewed at AZCOM on 9/20 and received my offer of acceptance on 10/6.

I interviewed December, was accepted in march. Others in my class were interviewed as late as march, and accepted off the wait list as late as the week before orientation. It's a long process, and there's not much you can do to make it any shorter. . .

take it easy

homonculus

Members don't see this ad :)
Howdy,

KCOM - Two weeks from interview to acceptaance.

I interviewed in the Feb, after a submitting my secondary in Jan. Aug MCAT.

Interviewed 10-2, Notified of acceptance 10-3 with OU-COM. Ohio University decides your fate (gulp) the very same day! :eek:

Interviewed on Sep 9/7/01 and notified of accepted on 9/19/01 from UMDNJ-SOM.
Interviews offered on late sep and early oct from UNECOM and LECOM, respectively.

I think BigSky is the exception; most KCOM interviewees are notified within a few days--i was three days. The reason they are so much faster is because they have already put your file through the admissions committee before they interviewed you. The interview is merely a final screening.

Hi, Just got AZCOM today (postmarked 10/2 from AZ), interviewed there on 9/21, so just over two weeks. I feel your pain Amra, hang in there, your mail is coming! :D

what school u talkin abt, i got both my tucom and western acceptance within a week, last yr wheni interviewed

hey amra, is tha a paki name?

~ 1 wk @ DMU

Nah... I'm a fictional name actually... remember Conan the Barbarian/Arnold Schwarzeneggar??..that is where I'm from.... :D