Timing Chem section of dat destroyer?

eugpeng

5+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2014
  1. Pre-Dental
    Should I be timing myself for every 30 questions on the chem section of destroyer? I know the questions are supposed to be harder than the real dat but I have been getting like 7/8 wrong out of 30 when timed. I know people say to use dat destroyer as just a learning tool but just wanted to get some peoples thoughts. I do fairly well if it is untimed but once its timed I start rushing. thanks!

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER
    Lifetime Donor
    Sponsor
    Vendor
    15+ Year Member
  • Mar 12, 2005
    New York City
    www.orgoman.com
    1. Non-Student
      Should I be timing myself for every 30 questions on the chem section of destroyer? I know the questions are supposed to be harder than the real dat but I have been getting like 7/8 wrong out of 30 when timed. I know people say to use dat destroyer as just a learning tool but just wanted to get some peoples thoughts. I do fairly well if it is untimed but once its timed I start rushing. thanks!

I am the expert to answer this question. The DAT Destroyer is not a book to be used for timing. It was not designed for that. We have prepared students for many years in our classroom and our approach has always been if you know the material, time will not be an issue in the science section, if you do not know the material no amount of time will help you.

Know the Destroyer cold! The work in the Destroyer is very challenging but so is the DAT. There are many versions of the DAT and it is important to be prepared for whatever comes your you way. Much better to be over prepared than find out you have under prepared on test day. Destroyer overkill?,our scores speak for themselves. I will add for the Bio, there are mini lessons inside the solutions, know the right choices as well as the incorrect choices. Really take your time going through the Destroyer, it's not a book to be completed in a few weeks, it takes time. If you get something wrong while studying you can correct it and make a weakness your strength.

Hope this helps and good luck in your studies and on the DAT!

take care...Nancy

Last edited:
      This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.