Quantcast

Timing of ERAS application submission on Sunday?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osumc2014

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Does ERAS submission open at 8am? and NRMP at noon? So is it advisable to wait until noon to get NRMP number then add it to ERAS application, thus submitting ERAS later in the day?

thanks

mangopal

Reaction score
Does ERAS submission open at 8am? and NRMP at noon? So is it advisable to wait until noon to get NRMP number then add it to ERAS application, thus submitting ERAS later in the day?

thanks

Seriously? Tell me, why oh why would 4 hrs on the first day of submission make any sort of impact? Do you think every PD is sitting at their desk at 7:59am on Sunday with their mouse cursor hovering over the "download" button so they can download all the apps that come in during the first minute?

Sir Gillies

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
When do you guys think PDs will download the first batch of applications? Is it are the MSPEs ie in October?

Ronin786

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seriously? Tell me, why oh why would 4 hrs on the first day of submission make any sort of impact? Do you think every PD is sitting at their desk at 7:59am on Sunday with their mouse cursor hovering over the "download" button so they can download all the apps that come in during the first minute?
Its always nice to think you'll be the first application in the queue that PDs look at whenever they decide to.

NotAProgDirector

Pastafarians Unite!
Staff member
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe you worry about things like this. Not meant to be a personal attack, just advice for others who are probably thinking the same thing.

Whether you submit ay 8AM or 8PM is MEANINGLESS. There's no guarantee I'm going to look at applications in the order they arrive anyway. I can view them alphabetically, by USMLE step scores, or by anything else. There's no time stamp on them, so I can't tell who has applied earlier vs later. And I doubt most programs will download anything on Sunday anyway. The baseline sort for applications is alphabetical anyway, being "the very first application", which is completely useless, has more to do with your lastname being "Aardvark" than anything else.

Plus, you can submit at 8AM, get your NRMP number at noon, and then update your application. But this doesn't buy you anything.

Ronin786

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe you worry about things like this. Not meant to be a personal attack, just advice for others who are probably thinking the same thing.

Whether you submit ay 8AM or 8PM is MEANINGLESS. There's no guarantee I'm going to look at applications in the order they arrive anyway. I can view them alphabetically, by USMLE step scores, or by anything else. There's no time stamp on them, so I can't tell who has applied earlier vs later. And I doubt most programs will download anything on Sunday anyway. The baseline sort for applications is alphabetical anyway, being "the very first application", which is completely useless, has more to do with your lastname being "Aardvark" than anything else.

Plus, you can submit at 8AM, get your NRMP number at noon, and then update your application. But this doesn't buy you anything.

arthur1.jpg

osumc2014

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering, there's no need for such heated reactions. Figuring how little our school tells us about this process, how am I supposed to know whether submitting it early means PDs see them first or not.

Ae3124

Reaction score
Guys, guys.... Do you think it's too late for a legal name change to Aabc???

*snicker* :)

(Hope everyone's applications went through, and your beer is as cold as mine!)