Timing question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fishsticks

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone,

i was just wondering if anyone had strategies about timing on the mcat. i seem to have a problem with going too fast. for instance, my first few full lenght verbals i fnished wiht anywhere from 25 to 35 minutes left over. I know i could increase my accuracy if i slowed down, but i dont want to fall into the category where i don't finish every section. i have similar problems with both the biological and physical sections. i'd be happy to hera any advice.

fishsticks

Members don't see this ad.

Fishsticks said:
hey everyone,

i was just wondering if anyone had strategies about timing on the mcat. i seem to have a problem with going too fast. for instance, my first few full lenght verbals i fnished wiht anywhere from 25 to 35 minutes left over. I know i could increase my accuracy if i slowed down, but i dont want to fall into the category where i don't finish every section. i have similar problems with both the biological and physical sections. i'd be happy to hera any advice.

fishsticks

How are you doing on the practice tests?

ADeadLois said:
How are you doing on the practice tests?

ive been doing pretty well scoring 10s-11s on each section, i just know that if i could slow myself down i'd be able to get to the next level

Verbal: 9 minutes per passage

PS and BS: 10 -15 minutes for free standing and 7 for passages