Tip for soon to be graduates/other pharmacists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FenderBender

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Get a pharmacy government job as a civilian (Army). It is the best job in the world. Where I work, here are the benefits:

- Laid back work environment
- Easy system once you get used to it
- Don't have to deal with insurance
- 3 breaks... 15 minutes in the morning, 30 minutes for lunch, 15 minutes in the afternoon
- You can sit down while entering prescriptions
- 40 hours every week, work 5 days a week if full-time
- Can counsel every patient
- Never understaffed, plenty of techs and other pharmacists
- Work outpatient and inpatient pharmacy to gain experience in both areas (only work 8 hour evening shifts once in awhile for inpatient, always get out of work at 6 PM at the latest otherwise)

I have only worked at one base, so I can't offer any experience for other bases. Environment depends on who is the Chief of Pharmacy, but I can't imagine it being bad elsewhere. It definitely beats retail and it is low stress. So, go apply for that government position! USAJobs.com is a good place to start.

Members don't see this ad.

FenderBender left out his recommendation for making fresh salsa, guacamole dip, fruit smoothies, whipped cream, and omlets, just to name a few !!!!! Order now and get 2 bullet systems plus a free 30 day supply of the magic bullet fat burning boost. Only at:

http://www.buythebullet.com/index.php