Tips for Improving Scores/Is My Practice Score Realistic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oregonian19

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just took my first Kaplan practice test and got the following percentile results:

Composite: 70th
Bio: 46th
Chem: 51st
Reading: 86th
Math: 80th

Found these results somewhat distressing because I'm a biochem major and had expected to do way better on the bio and chem section. I did pretty well in my bio and chem classes, so.... Maybe I was anxious, I don't know?

Any tips for improving my scores and how these may translate into the real test and prospects as an applicant?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I just took my first Kaplan practice test and got the following percentile results:

Composite: 70th
Bio: 46th
Chem: 51st
Reading: 86th
Math: 80th

Found these results somewhat distressing because I'm a biochem major and had expected to do way better on the bio and chem section. I did pretty well in my bio and chem classes, so.... Maybe I was anxious, I don't know?

Any tips for improving my scores and how these may translate into the real test and prospects as an applicant?

Thanks!
I would say not bad at freakin' all IMO!! I wish I had such scores on my first trial tbh.
My first trial with Kaplan practice test was poopoo lol and as follows:
Composite: 38th
Bio: 31st
Chem: 59th
CR: 21st
QR: 58th

Keep in mind that English is not my native language, been here for 4 years only lol

My second trial, which I took 3 days afterwards, I did, unsurprisingly lol, poopoo as well:
Composite: 52th
Bio: 12th ROFL
Chem: 34th
CR: 86th
QR: 80th

I am just reviewing Bio and Chem as of right now, using Kaplan. I didn't help much, but to just give you an idea that you are not alone, I got at an associate degree in health science with a GPA of 3.85, I am shocked as well. Good Luck!