Tips for studying for PCAT Biology!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrettyLilPharmD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I am taking the PCAT in August and I would like tips on studying for the Biology section.Can you please share with me the study materials that you guys are using or have used.

Thanks in advance and happy studying!;)

Members don't see this ad.

Biology has always been my tough subject...
I need some tips on this too.
Please help, Bio buddies!!
One more question, are the Bio questions tricky? or they're just straight forward from what you memorize/study (more like conceptual than logically)?
Thanks!!

I suggest using the dark violet/purple book for PCAT review. I can't remember what it was called because I gave it away. It helped me score in the 90's. If I remember correctly, the biology was mostly memorization. Good luck!

Thanks for the website!I love interactive websites!!I will also supplement this website with Kaplan and use Dr.Collins Biology practice test!!I hope this is enough...:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
If you want to use ONE SOURCE and be secure and score REALLY WELL- almost GAURANTEED, use this one for free!!!

http://www.whfreeman.com/thelifewirebridge2/

It has ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING you need to know for the PCAT. I literally came out of my PCAT and after using this as a study guide and the one's I wasn't sure about I quickly checked with this site and it had ALL the info.

Some parts of it are interactive so its kinda fun and has quizzes and everything!

It's based off an entire textbook so it's pretty damn thorough

Dr. Collins is also good as its made for the PCAT (P.S. still trying to sell mine, PM if interested lmao)... but this is a GREAT SITE!!!

Hey I am interested in buying your dr collins material. Do you still have it and how much will you sell it?

If you want to use ONE SOURCE and be secure and score REALLY WELL- almost GAURANTEED, use this one for free!!!

http://www.whfreeman.com/thelifewirebridge2/

It has ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING you need to know for the PCAT. I literally came out of my PCAT and after using this as a study guide and the one's I wasn't sure about I quickly checked with this site and it had ALL the info.

Some parts of it are interactive so its kinda fun and has quizzes and everything!

It's based off an entire textbook so it's pretty damn thorough

Dr. Collins is also good as its made for the PCAT (P.S. still trying to sell mine, PM if interested lmao)... but this is a GREAT SITE!!!

haha, i used the same exact textbook in my Biology classes. Good website. :thumbup: