Tips for summer research ideas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PumpkinKing

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Friend and I (M1's) are looking at spending next summer in Madrid doing ~15 hours a week of tutoring.

With all that free time, we've been thinking about doing our own research study. Obviously something simple and hands-off, but that could potentially yield publishable results.

Does anyone know of anyone that's done this? Is it feasible?

Also- could anyone link me to criteria for publishing a paper? I'm not entirely familiar with the intricacies of the process, and it might give me a more realistic idea for what it might entail.

Members don't see this ad.

You might need to discuss this with your school's IRB or human subjects committee.

I suggest approaching your clinical faculty and see if there are any clinical data they have that can be assessed for some parameter (for example, effect of X intervention on patients with hypercholesterolemia).

Another thing to consider is to ask is they have any interesting case studies that they've never had time to write up.

Friend and I (M1's) are looking at spending next summer in Madrid doing ~15 hours a week of tutoring.

With all that free time, we've been thinking about doing our own research study. Obviously something simple and hands-off, but that could potentially yield publishable results.

Does anyone know of anyone that's done this? Is it feasible?

Also- could anyone link me to criteria for publishing a paper? I'm not entirely familiar with the intricacies of the process, and it might give me a more realistic idea for what it might entail.

Reactions: 1 user
This would be tough to do, if not completely impossible, without the support of a faculty member. There are, however, plenty of retrospective reviews that can be done which hanging out in Madrid.

Reactions: 1 user