tips for the last day of mcat studying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Genie133

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
tomorrow is my last day of mcat studying (sep 11 test date), and i'm undecided as to whether to do another practice test and review it, or do last minute reviews... any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

last minute reviews.

i wrote down notes for the bio and ochem, basically rewriting the kaplan book (which is small) a week before the test and reviewed them the day before. i didn't have time to do the same for phys and chem, so i read the entire TPR book the day before the exam (i know most say you shouldn't study the day before but i knew i needed to refresh everything), it was sorta speed reading cuz i knew it all, just had to jog the memory. i knew i had to do this because i've realized my short term memory is way way better than my long term memory.

it may be different for you. lets see what other people think. btw i also took a full length two days before the test like you're planning on doing to get into test taking mode. so you can't go wrong either way

the day before I took my test I didn't even look at anything mcat related whatsoever. did good on it too

I didn't look at anything the day before my test either. It worked out fine for me. You don't want to start looking at something you're not 100% on and start stressing yourself out even more than you already will be.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tomorrow, I am just working questions, to improve speed in my weak/slow areas. I have a bunch of Berkeley Review books that I love. I also made some flashcards today of things I have trouble remembering that I will look at tomorrow (i.e. molecular orbital geometry...always forget the shapes), a few random equations. And then Monday- no studying...maybe I'll go see a movie or something or do some gardening or lie on the beach.

I remember my Kaplan instructor said don't do anything that will lower your self esteem the few days before the test. i.e. taking practice tests.