Tips on reducing stress? for mcat.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hiyaman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

I have recently started to feel extremely stressed out over seeing minimal improvements after I started studying for a couple of weeks. I was wondering if anyone could share what they do reduce stress and not feel depressed. Because everytime I get a problem wrong I can feel the stress lol building up.

Members don't see this ad.

Whatever you get wrong, think of it as a valuable mistake or lesson you could learn from. Get enlightened on learning why you made such mistake. Feel good about yourself afterwards that you will never make the same mistake again.

a couple weeks? You need to put in much more time than that to expect any sizeable score improvements.

I felt the same way you did while I studied this summer. What really got me down was the GS and BR CBT's that I got horrible scores on. Now that I'm taking the real AAMC tests though, my scores are a full 5-8 points higher.

Every single test prep company seems to put out passages/questions that are more difficult than the AAMC practice tests (I know the real deal is supposed to be more difficult but with a more generous curve). Definitely take any scores you get that are not AAMC practice tests with a grain of salt, they are highly inaccurate.