Tired hard but am not able to score good in nbde1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bansbari

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I took my nbde1 in dec and got my score. Composite score is 82 which i can't believe. I studied hard but all in vain. Am so tensed thinking where do i stand. Well, what should i do so that i might have little chance to get into one of the dental college. I have gpa of 3.72 and am eligible to work in the us. so, i need suggestion from people who have been through this stage but finally suceeded in their goal.
I appreciate honest advice from all of you.
I aslo congratulate to those who did well in their exam and who have been accepted in dontal school.

Thank you so much in advance..

Members don't see this ad.

bansbari, i think it could be more than just a little chance that you have. 1st of all, u've got urself a pretty good GPA out there, which is sth not everyone has. 2nd, i believe that most schools will lower their minimum requirement for part 1 requirement as with the new ADA policy (2 schools that i know so far has already dropped their requirement to 75), and they do this becuz they expect to see a drastic decrease in the average part 1 score for all candidates applying. 3rd, u have from now until next summer to do part 2 and increase ur chances in case ure planning to apply for 2011 cycle, thats a long time and i am sure u can prepare well..last but not least, u've got the toefl that u can redo as much as u want until u get a score that gives a boost to ur applications. So have faith in urself, and in what god has destined for u...just do what u gotta do

Thank you so much hammoudeh7, your suggestions really uplifted my moral. Thank you for the good words. BY the way which are the colleges that have already decrease their requirements? well i haven't taken toefl yet and will do it after sometime. Now i just need sometime for myself to come out from the shocking news.
Thank you...

Members don't see this ad :)
Dont worry about it dude, i wasnt just trying to make u feel better, its the truth :) the 2 schools r in california, UOP and i think usc or ucsf i cant remember which! but u can check every school's website, though i believe their website data will not be updated until the next application opens, which will be more or less in april for the earliest school. like i told u, dont waste time thinking about how bad u did in part 1, focus on ur next step (part 2 i recommend). Good luck

hey dude even i have got 83 in part 1 and have another attempt to give part 1 till sep 2010. but dnt no wether to repeat part1 or do part2. i applied to schools wid thhis score i dint get anywhere. dnt no wat to do plz advice.

cooldent, as long as u have the chance to retake, go ahead. dont make this moment comes when u regret blowing this very last last chance that u had. but at the same time, u have to reconsider the material/schedule u put for ur studying so that u can get a better score. With ur current score, u might get something, but if u have a chance for the better, why not?

hey dude thanks a lot man,i have started studying hope ill study well and give it again. thanks a lot for ur sugesstion and to boost me up.

Hi all,

I took my nbde1 in dec and got my score. Composite score is 82 which i can't believe. I studied hard but all in vain. Am so tensed thinking where do i stand. Well, what should i do so that i might have little chance to get into one of the dental college. I have gpa of 3.72 and am eligible to work in the us. so, i need suggestion from people who have been through this stage but finally suceeded in their goal.
I appreciate honest advice from all of you.
I aslo congratulate to those who did well in their exam and who have been accepted in dontal school.

Thank you so much in advance..
i am in the same shoes...score of 80 after a hard struggle...cant even retake what to dO?????

Seraj,

i am in the same shoes...score of 80 after a hard struggle...cant even retake what to dO?????

No seraj dont worry . I think we have to study for part 2 and try to score as much as we can. With our score there are some schools where we can apply. you can even do observership so that you will have experience,which will help a lot to get into one of the school.
One thing what i believe is everything is set in our life so, we just have to try our best to achieve our goals.
So,dont worry and lets try to score good in part2.

hey guys y dint u pay ur fees as soon as u did ur exam in december, i did the same as soon as i gave exam now i have another chance and got 83. anyways dnt wry god will help us

hey guys y dint u pay ur fees as soon as u did ur exam in december, i did the same as soon as i gave exam now i have another chance i can repeat wid in one year. anyways dnt wry god will help us. i got 83 wid lots of hard work and worried nw.

mambinooo, oh! really!!:)
Am so happy to hear this. Well,have to study now for part2.
Are you into any dental school? Have you done with part2 because i want some sugession on it.

Cooldental, yeah you are right and i didn't even have a thought that i will score 82 else will have done that.Now,let's hope for the best....

Thank you so much....

No seraj dont worry . I think we have to study for part 2 and try to score as much as we can. With our score there are some schools where we can apply. you can even do observership so that you will have experience,which will help a lot to get into one of the school.
One thing what i believe is everything is set in our life so, we just have to try our best to achieve our goals.
So,dont worry and lets try to score good in part2.[/QUOTE]

lets hope for the best!:)

i got my part 1 score ,its 76 and iam really upset ,i worked really hard and this is my 2 nd attempt.i work part time as a dental assistant.now i dont know what to do.iam sure i wont get in to a denal school.please help me.

i got my part 1 score ,its 76 and iam really upset ,i worked really hard and this is my 2 nd attempt.i work part time as a dental assistant.now i dont know what to do.iam sure i wont get in to a denal school.please help me.

hey man dnt wry, do u have another attempt to give or that was your final attempt. if u have another just live ur job and study hard for months and give the exam and improve areas which ur week in.

Hi!!! I gave my nbde 1 in 2005 n I got
anatomy 79
bio/physio 82
micro/path 85
dental Ana 83
average 82
gpa 3.3
nbde2 I got 77
I applied for couple of schools in 2005, but didn't succeed.
I changed my profession, but now I want
to try again, I want to know if I can get
admission in any school with this score or I
have to repeat part 1 . Can anyone pliz help me
thanx in advance

Last edited:
Hi!!! I gave my nbde 1 in 2005 n I got
anatomy 79
bio/physio 82
micro/path 85
dental Ana 83
average 82 with so high raw scores, you got 82??
gpa 3.3
nbde2 I got 77
I applied for couple of schools in 2005, but didn't succeed.
I changed my profession, but now I want
to try again, I want to know if I can get
admission in any school with this score or I
have to repeat part 1 . Can anyone pliz help me
thanx in advance
try to contact schools and ask if you need to retake.. i guess they accept scores within last 10 years..but check out with specific schools.. good luck..

dont worry dentins, u'll get there. i work full time as an oral surgery assistant & I also have a part time job & also 2 little kids at home. still by God's grace I got 82 in part 1 & 75 in part 2 which is not great but considering the circumstances is good for me. so if there is a will there is a way. try harder & u'll get a good score.

Hi dr 37!!!!! thank u so much, I hope it works out
I guess that time it was the average of
the total score. Since scoring method has
changed, r they going to convert the raw
score to composit? How does it work???
Too much of confusion...,,help me
thank u.

Last edited: