tired of travelling?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rajneel1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am SOOOOO tired of flying, and staying with students, and in hotels rooms, tipping cabbies, not getting enough sleep, starving, being cold, spending money traveling to a school that i probably won't go to. and i've only been to like 3 out of state interviews. ugh! anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd be happy to be in your shoes. I am still waiting for my first interview request...

on one hand, we shouldn't be complaining because we are lucky enough to get interviews...

having said that, im really tired of traveling as well...ive gone to 8 interviews (from dc, to chicago, to houston, to you name it), declined 1, and have 3 lined up (of which im thinking of declining 2)

because of all the missed class time, im in danger of failing biochem this semester, not to mention the fact that im broke...

even though i feel lucky to have gotten this far, there is no denying that this whole process completely drains you in every way...

(sigh) phew... i feel better now :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am with you here...
I can't take it anymore. I can't stand being probed at the airport and having to deal with expensive cabs and just the list goes on and on. Coming from the West Coast has made it extremely hard. You have to fly out the day before no matter what and then generally stay another night b/c all the flights that leave at 6 or 7pm won't make it all the way back so I would have a layover anyway. Then medical schools say they won't let you delay interviews b/c of one reason or another. Well too bad. Then just reject me...
I wish all schools were rolling...b/c this is ridiculous...
I am not "scared" to fly..but I am sick of it...and I don't wanna do it anymore.

Good points. We have people on both ends of the interview spectrum on here.

This brings us to question the age-old advice of "Apply to plenty of schools!". In retrospect, is this really the best advice? If no, then how could you have predicted you would have received so many invites where some others on here have received none?

There must be some criteria (quant and qual-itative) that should help someone decide the best range of schools to apply to. hmm...

Hell no- i'm diggin the bar hopping, student hosting, mass transiting lifestyle i've been living. My total staying costs have been under $20- all for busses/subways. I have never stayed in a hotel so i'm only paying travel. I had a blast. Sure it screwed my grades, but i hear no one cares anymore! --Trek

As a side note- i really feel for you californians. The cost and extra time blows. Plus you guys gotta have some crazy jet lag after crossing four time zones. --Trek

I hear you guys. I'm not going on any more interviews unless its at either Harvard or maybe Northwestern.

Other than those, any further interview requests are going to get hit with a big fat rejection letter with my john hancock on it.

Originally posted by Trek_OCLV:
•As a side note- i really feel for you californians. The cost and extra time blows. Plus you guys gotta have some crazy jet lag after crossing four time zones. --Trek•••

Four times zones was nothing compared to the six I went through. I went to UVM, drove to NYC (for a concert and the sights), then drove to Syracuse, so I was on the East Coast for one week. Then, I flew home, stayed here for one day, then the next day flew out to Hawaii. When I got home, it took me almost a week to get back in gear. Oy.

Andrew