TMDSAS applicants: are they picky about classes counting towards science GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

da8s0859q

So I'm a psych major that's all but done with the usual prerequisites. Overall, I'm looking alright in terms of science GPA.

1: It is my understanding that, when they calculate your sGPA, the usual biology/chem/calculus/stats/physics classes are counted as well as the rest of your science workload (anatomy, pathophysiology, immuno, neurobio, and other such classes). Correct?

2: My major has had me take a number of classes that were essentially more like the above than anything else (sensation and perception and a particularly math-based social science statistics, for example). How picky is the TMDSAS as far as changing the categorization on these if you list them as "other science"? I realize that the overview specifically calls psychology "non-science," but I was in these classes; at least a couple of them are far more science than not.

Do you have an opportunity to contest any changed categories or anything of the sort?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes they are picky. I don't think challenging would be very productive, but you are welcome to try. Just keep this in mind, the longer you challenge, the longer your application is incomplete.

I had comp sci count under my science GPA but I think that was a rare exception.

Sorry for bumping my own half-year-old thread, but I've run into this problem. Science classes by content but not by classification are not going to be counted for your sGPA, period, end of story.

I tried. :(