TMDSAS GPA vs. Actual GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Life_of_Pork

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I wanted to get something straight- I have been searching forums but haven't found the exact question I've been looking for.

My TMDSAS cGPA is .05 points higher than my actual (transcript) cGPA (good for me!) from undergrad. I wanted to know if medical schools will only be looking at the cGPA on the tmdsas app or if they will see both gpa's? Is it tmdsas that verifies the standardized grades matching the actual grades, or do med schools do this? I don't quite get what the point of standardizing would be if Texas med schools would end up seeing both.

I plan on applying next cycle, btw.

Thanks in advance guys!

Members don't see this ad.

TMDSAS verfies transcripts and calculates GPA for purposes of admission. This is the only GPA that medical schools will see prior to admission. A medical school will only see your actual transcripts after admission for purposes of pre-matriculation verification. At that point your actual transcript GPA willnot matter as you have already been admitted

This makes much more sense. Thanks so much for clarifying!