TMDSAS, july mcat, verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gogetter898

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do Texas schools also verify their apps like the AMCAS? I was waiting for my mcat score to come out in mid August to add any schools to any AMCAS app...should I wait to fill out the tmdsas until then or submit it earlier? Like does the throwaway school idea work w the Texas apps

I’m out of state so unless I have a really competitive score I might not apply to Texas schools at all bc of being so late

Members don't see this ad.

Do Texas schools also verify their apps like the AMCAS? I was waiting for my mcat score to come out in mid August to add any schools to any AMCAS app...should I wait to fill out the tmdsas until then or submit it earlier? Like does the throwaway school idea work w the Texas apps

I’m out of state so unless I have a really competitive score I might not apply to Texas schools at all bc of being so late
This year applying in Texas, like everywhere, is lagging behind the normals for the past. While you're waiting for your score, you can try to submit it by the end of July. I wouldn't wait until mid August. Right now verification queue is about a month.
The TMDSAS app is structured a little differently to the AMCAS, mainly you have 3 good-length essays to write (one can be the same as your AMCAS personal statement, maybe have to adjust the character count a little). The character count for the activity descriptions is shorter, but you can talk about some things in the other 2 essays or in the 3 most significant activities.

TMDSAS will begin work on verifying your app with just the app itself and all your coursework entries.
As soon as you fill out the part with your recommender names, even before you submit, TMDSAS will email them with upload instructions.
List TMDSAS as one of the places to send your MCAT score and they will forward it to the schools as soon as they are available.
Last of all, TMDSAS doesn't want your transcripts right now. They will message you late summer/early fall for those.

You can do the 'One throwaway school" deal if you want, but in Texas one fee gets you all the TMDSAS schools. Such a bargain.

Reactions: 1 user