TMDSAS Misdemeanor Revision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gsims2

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Apparently TMDSAS revised their misdemeanor/felony section. I have an old class c misdemeanor that has been expunged which used to make it eligible for exclusion . In the handbook it now says...

“Unless the offense involved alcohol or drugs, you may exclude: 1. Traffic tickets, and
2. Violations with fines of $250 or less”

My offense did not include alcohol or drugs and I received a fine of $250. However, class C’s in TX are punishable up to $500. I would rather not disclose it but if this means I am required to then I would rather be honest. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Apparently TMDSAS revised their misdemeanor/felony section. I have an old class c misdemeanor that has been expunged which used to make it eligible for exclusion . In the handbook it now says...

“Unless the offense involved alcohol or drugs, you may exclude: 1. Traffic tickets, and
2. Violations with fines of $250 or less”

My offense did not include alcohol or drugs and I received a fine of $250. However, class C’s in TX are punishable up to $500. I would rather not disclose it but if this means I am required to then I would rather be honest. Any advice?
It seems fairly straightforward, it's not asking about the maximum allowable fine, just the fine. However I do agree it's best to be absolutely clear about stuff like this. I would get in contact with them anonymously and ask for more information. Or @wysdoc do you happen to know?

Reactions: 1 user
It seems fairly straightforward, it's not asking about the maximum allowable fine, just the fine. However I do agree it's best to be absolutely clear about stuff like this. I would get in contact with them anonymously and ask for more information. Or @wysdoc do you happen to know?
I have no newer info than you guys. An inquiry to TMDSAS might help

Reactions: 1 user