TMDSAS- My chances at Texas schools? Especially UTSW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

significantcobbler8

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm an Asian with 3.83 GPA, 511 MCAT (130/123/129/129) - Im really worried about my CARS score as its really low and i delayed my mcat a lot but just couldn't get it up.
650 healthcare hours, 600 research and 350 community service

Can yall who are kinda experienced and know about this stuff give me an idea of my chances at texas schools. I have been wanting to go to UTSW but it is feasible with my stats?

Please let me know about my chances at other texas schools too like Mcgovern and Long.

Thank you so much

Members don't see this ad.

Apply to ALL your Texas schools and you should receive interviews (include the DO schools TCOM and Sam Houston State).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone. I'm an Asian with 3.83 GPA, 511 MCAT (130/123/129/129) - Im really worried about my CARS score as its really low and i delayed my mcat a lot but just couldn't get it up.
650 healthcare hours, 600 research and 350 community service

Can yall who are kinda experienced and know about this stuff give me an idea of my chances at texas schools. I have been wanting to go to UTSW but it is feasible with my stats?

Please let me know about my chances at other texas schools too like Mcgovern and Long.

Thank you so much

as someone said above, apply to ALL Texas schools including DO and TCU (AMCAS)

Got in with a 505 - if the rest of their app is good it’s entirely possible
I would argue that you’re an outlier. Anything is possible, but whether or not it’s probable is another story. They asked if they had a chance. Most people here said unlikely. No one said “no chance. Don’t bother applying”

I interviewed at UTSW with a 508 and a 3.89.

Although I do think it’s a pipe dream for you. I did not expect to interview there and neither should you.

Their average MCAT is something like 516 or 517 and a GPA to match.

I had an early interview at McGovern (September) but was not invited to interview at Long.

Frankly, if I were you, I would apply to all of TMDSAS, including TCOM and SHSU. I know people with higher numbers than yours who didn’t receive an interview at either TCOM or SHSU. Don’t be cocky before you even have interviews in hand.

Reactions: 3 users