TMDSAS photo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nick_carraway

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the photo required for TMDSAS, is a casual passport photo okay?

I plan on getting a formal portrait for my AMCAS files when I go interviewing but I don't have the time to do that these days.

Members don't see this ad.

Be careful with this. Marv Albert had a 40 MCAT, but he sent the wrong picture in and couldn't even get waitlisted.

I sent them pics of me in a speedo. Maybe that's why I didn't hear back from them...

How "casual" is the passport photo? Are you doing a keg-stand? Or is it a normal head shot?

I assume you'll be fine with a passport photo.

Members don't see this ad :)
For the photo required for TMDSAS, is a casual passport photo okay?

I plan on getting a formal portrait for my AMCAS files when I go interviewing but I don't have the time to do that these days.

Just get some passports in a button-down and or polo and use the photos for both. No need for a formal portrait. The process is as expensive enough.

Oh, and that bit about Marv Albert is true.

I wore a button down shirt and went to Walgreens to get a passport photo done. Just make sure you look professional (from the shoulders up). ;)

Nothing less than a professionally airbrushed glamour shot will do. Everybody that was accepted had a Texas flag somewhere in the picture (pin, scarf, shirt, etc)

Nothing less than a professionally airbrushed glamour shot will do. Everybody that was accepted had a Texas flag somewhere in the picture (pin, scarf, shirt, etc)
and if you're a guy, no stetson = presecondary rejection even though Texas secondaries aren't screened ;)

:laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol:

I know it sounds silly, but at our advising office they REALLY emphasize looking professional in your photo. Just put a suit and shirt on, groom yourself, and have your friend take your picture in front of a white wall (or if you're really creative, a colored one!) and go print out wallet sized photos at walmart. it's cheap, still looks professional, and it will be good because they do look at the photos when they talk about you again at adcom