TMDSAS question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

s-pish

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just have a quick question about the TMDSAS application. Does anyone who has sent it in know how long it takes for them to process your application? I sent my application in about two weeks ago, and there is no way for me to check on its status. It states on their website that the "Documents Received" form does not update the information until I receive a notification from them in the mail. It kind of stinks just sitting here wondering whether there are any problems with my application.
Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

I always sent my stuff "return receipt." When I received the little green card back in the mail, I knew someone had signed for my stuff. Maybe it gave me a false sense of security, but I did feel better once the card came back. The only problem I had with my application was that they had filed some of my transcripts by my maiden name (even though I listed my maiden name on my app in the appropriate space), and I did have to call and make them look under my old last name. If I were depending on someone else to send something, I contacted the responsible party (ie. for health professions letter, transcripts, etc.) directly to see if they'd sent it and on what date. No one I knew had significant problems with the application center (out of about 30 applicants I knew). After my file was complete, which was late July inlcuding transcripts, recs, etc., I received interview invitations for September 3 (even though I took the August MCAT!). Does that make you feel better?

P.S. I recall that the website was updated before I received the confirmation from the TMDSAS...the mail notification was pretty slow.

------------------
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

--Willy Wonka

I think it takes them about two to three weeks to process everything and get the information sent to the schools.

------------------
And the blessings just keep coming!

Members don't see this ad :)
Call the number in Austin that they have posted on the TMDSAS site. I have been doing so about every two weeks. They are just about ready to send the first applications out to the schools. The processing time varies slightly during different periods of the application cycle.

Nevertheless, like I said, CALL THEM (or email) they are more than willing to answer questions.

Good advice! Thanks for the help and reassurance!

you wouldn't happen to be steve pishko, of zahm hall, university of notre dame? i think i have met you once or twice. your roommates are pretty cool guys, are they pre-med also? anyway, i'll probably run into you down at ND in a few weeks. good luck with your applications.

I called Austin last Thursday to ask the same question. I mailed in the signature page etc, the 3rd week of June, and I still havent heard anything. The lady that I talked to said it takes 4 to 6 weeks for them to process the application.

I also talked to the head secretary in admissions at TCOM (Im working there for the summer) when I turned in my secondary signature page..about 2 weeks ago, and she said that they havent recieved *anything* from Austin yet because of problems with the web app. So dont despair, ok?

Good luck!
Star

you're right, mvalento. Can't wait to see you at ND! Good Luck with those apps!