TMDSAS Submission Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rdiddy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am applying through TMDSAS currently and had a couple of questions I am hoping can be answered. I am a non traditional applicant( 26 and a cancer researcher ) and was told that I should wait to submit my application until I receive my new score on September 22 in the hopes that it will be higher than my previous score. I am a little worried about completing secondaries by October 1 because as I understand it it is by invite only?? I know am a late in the cycle for Texas already but don't want to miss the submission date while I am waiting on my secondary invite!

Also, I have sent off my transcripts and my undergraduate college is preparing a health committee packet for me for my letters, but what if TMDSAS doesnt recieve those before October 1??

Any advice or suggestions would be beyond appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

You dont need to wait for your score to come in. Just release the score when you get it. Your application needs to be submitted by 1 October and supporting documents (LOR's, transcripts etc.) in by 15 October. As far as secondaries go some schools dont have a secondary (A&M, UT san antonio SOM..). The ones that do arent all that long and should be completed fairly quickly.

Thanks for your reply! I understand that I can go ahead and apply but I think the advice I received was more like go ahead and wait for my new score since it will ( more than likely) be alot higher than the last one so they wouldn't automatically rule me out. Any thoughts??

If you submit your application now, it will most likely not even be processed until after your new MCAT score has been released. If you wait until your new MCAT score is released, your application probably won't be processed until after October 1, which is the deadline for secondaries for Texas A&M and Texas Tech.