tmdsas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laya533

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a Texas applicant. I dont know if I am taking History 1302 in community college or a University.
1) Do we have to enter future course works?
2) whre should I enter that history class? unde Uni. or Comminity College?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

How are the chances of out of staters (CA) in applying to texas schools. I do have some extended family roots in texas.

Medic-to-MD said:
How are the chances of out of staters (CA) in applying to texas schools. I do have some extended family roots in texas.
10%

Members don't see this ad :)
laya533 said:
I am a Texas applicant. I dont know if I am taking History 1302 in community college or a University.
1) Do we have to enter future course works?
2) whre should I enter that history class? unde Uni. or Comminity College?
Thanks

It's been a year since I did TMDSAS but I seem to recall that you could enter the classes you plan to take in the Fall semester. If you will taking this class in the Fall, put whichever one you think you will most likely be taking the course at. If that changes, just send them an e-mail notifying them of the changes.

Medic-to-MD said:

You have "ties to Texas" and that will help. I was told in one of my interviews that they are looking for people with interests in Texas because they want to make sure you will stay and practice there. You may want to work these ties somewhere in your application to make sure they know about it.

Brain said:
You have "ties to Texas" and that will help. I was told in one of my interviews that they are looking for people with interests in Texas because they want to make sure you will stay and practice there. You may want to work these ties somewhere in your application to make sure they know about it.
Thanks Brain

Medic-to-MD said:

Actually the chances are pretty bad. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but a majority of TX schools accept 95% or greater from TX residents. I had a friend who applied to TX schools after attending school here. He had a 37 MCAT and 3.8 g.p.a. Subsequently he received 2 interviews and 0 acceptances. His UT-H interview consisted of a faculty member saying that his scores were not competitive enough for an out-of-state student. He said he doesn't really look at anything below a 40 for non-residents.

Hey, do y'all know if when we're putting in a class we dropped, do you put 3 hrs or 0 hrs?

chaeymaey said:
Hey, do y'all know if when we're putting in a class we dropped, do you put 3 hrs or 0 hrs?
Salam, We put 3. Correct me if I am wrong.

laya533 said:
Salam, We put 3. Correct me if I am wrong.
hey chetori? I was on the phone with TMDSAS today. I was shocked that I wasn't put on hold; I went straigh through! Anyway, I asked them about processing time and they said that right now it's taking them about 2 weeks, but once it gets really busy it will take 4 weeks. Just though I'd give y'all the heads up. I'm probably gonna submit today or tomorrow.

They correct your mistakes for you. I didn't put my future classes in because I wasn't registered yet, but I'll send my transcript after each semester. I don't know if we have to notify them ahead of time.