Tme needed for FA and Qbanks only

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shunnar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have now finished my first time study from BRS physio, patho, behavioral, and HY neuroanatomy, with making notes about everything and posting it on FA, so now I have only FA to study.....my eligibility period starts september, but I don't know when to schedule the exam since I don't know how much it will take me to study FA 3-4 times and do Qbanks....so from experience, are 4-6 weeks enough? Or I need 8-12 weeks to finish everything?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone please? I am starting tomorrow and still have no clue what to do regarding scheduling because I don't want to miss a seat at the institution the exam is held at

I haven't done them yet, but from the people I've spoken to at school and from what I've read...that's easily 3-4 months.

I think it'll be tough for anyone to accurately respond because this is too vague and it will depend on how fast you go through things. Do you just plan on reading FA? How many Qbanks do you plan on doing? How strong is your background already?

Most US students take about 6 weeks of dedicated study time that usually consists of mostly doing FA and Qbanks. Many don't get through everything they planned on doing but they push forward anyways.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I am planning to do UWorld only as a QBank, defintely not doing others....there is a big difference in your reply (6 weeks vs. 3-4 months), I need an opinion from people who tried it!
FA 3-4 times, UWorld, and doing an NBME once a week >>> how much time?

Good luck reviewing. I'm not there yet either, but I do know that doing NBME's to gauge our performance is a good indicator of how we'll do. If I were to score low in those, I'd reconsider my test time frame.

Well I am planning to do UWorld only as a QBank, defintely not doing others....there is a big difference in your reply (6 weeks vs. 3-4 months), I need an opinion from people who tried it!
FA 3-4 times, UWorld, and doing an NBME once a week >>> how much time?

You said "mostly doing FA and Qbanks." I assumed all 3. Just UW + FA should be much quicker.