TMSAS vs AMCAS timeline (sick of searching)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Genesea

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
oops TMDSAS*

i did do a search, but i'm just getting little bits and pieces and am now on the 3rd page back.
i was just hoping if someone did this last year it might be easy for him/her to say.
i'd really appreciate easy answers. :D

AMCAS opens in mid-may
submit asap..in june/july
verified in days to 6 weeks.
goes to med schools on july 24th
you get sent secondarys and send them back asap.
interviews in mostly sept-feb

TMDSAS opens may 1st
submit asap.. in may/june?
verified in ?
goes to med schools on ??
secondaries are available through TMDSAS staring on ? submit them ?
interviews mostly in ?

again sorry for asking for info that is probably readily available somewhere.

Members don't see this ad.

TMDSAS
- Submit asap... Late May/June
- Verified in a couple weeks (mine was a week and I submitted in August)
- I don't think it 'gets sent' to schools- it's made available to schools when it's verified
- Only secondaries are TCOM, Texas Tech Lubbock (maybe El Paso- I didn't apply there), UTSW. These will be listed on the TMDSAS website; fill them out asap. UTMB, UTHSCSA, and UTH don't have secondaries.
- Interviews July through December mostly, and there are one or two January dates for a couple schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah TMDSAS send updates as your application becomes complete. Mine was verifies within a week. Not that everyone doesn't know it, but submit A S A P !!! Its worth it.

For TMDSAS, Texas A&M has a secondary as well, Tech Lubbock does not (at least they did not last year). You have to pay attention to the school websites to see when secondaries are available, they are not screened and can be completed at your leisure (but do them ASAP). OOS applicant offers start October 15th, Pre-match offers start November 15th for instaters, interviews extend past this date slightly, match day is February 1st.

The application process on the whole is much easier and more centralized than AMCAS IMO!

The application process on the whole is much easier and more centralized than AMCAS IMO!

Cheaper, too. TCOM and UTSWs secondaries were both free, if I remember right.

Oh yeah how did I forget A&M?? Thanks docmcoy! It really is so much cheaper to apply in Texas. It cost me way more to apply to 3 AMCAS schools than 7 Texas schools.