• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

arsenewenger

10+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2006
Washington
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
I got this today! IS THIS THEIR PRE REJECTION NOTICE!

RE: NOTIFICATION OF APPLICATION REVIEW

Dear Applicant:
Thank you for applying to Howard University College of Medicine.
I am writing to inform you that we have received and reviewed your AMCAS application
and your secondary application. Secondary applications were reviewed on a rolling
basis when they were received.
We are completing our final interview days, and we expect to continue interviewing
through the end of April, but no later than mid-May.
If it is decided to invited you for an interview with one of our Admissions
Committee members, we will inform you of available dates by email. However, due to
the large volume of applications, if we are not able to invite you to the College of
Medicine for an interview, you will receive no further correspondence from our
office regarding interim status.
Please do not contact the Office of Admissions to request an interview.
Applicants who have completed the application process, and who have not received an
invitation to interview by May 15 should receive final written notification via US
mail in mid-June.
Again, we thank you for your interest in the College of Medicine.
Sincerely,

About the Ads

DoctaJay

bone breaker
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2005
USA
doctajay.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I'm not enrolled at HU, but from reading it, it sounds like a pre-interview waitlist. I've heard that HU interviews students very late. They may not appreciate calling but e-mailing [email protected] might help. I hope everything works out!

DrFreeman

Medical Student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Got this message today as well

arsenewenger

10+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2006
Washington
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
I'm not enrolled at HU, but from reading it, it sounds like a pre-interview waitlist. I've heard that HU interviews students very late. They may not appreciate calling but e-mailing [email protected] might help. I hope everything works out!
why would they put me on pre-interview waitlist? if i am not good enough, why can't they just go ahead and reject me instead of all this nonsense. The most annoying thing is this is the first e-mail i got today...thereby ruining the whole day for me (because this is the first day i screwed up in orgo lab).

DoctaJay

bone breaker
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2005
USA
doctajay.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
To be honest, I have no real idea why Howard works that way. But I have heard that they wait to send their rejection letters at one time, whether you applied in October or in March. Someone on SDN received their rejection letter when they were already starting med school somewhere else. I think though that that was just due to the disorgnization. I do believe that they do their best with their limited resources.

kiddingme

Excellent
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Other Health Professions Student
I got this email this morning and again this afternoon :confused:

1Path

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2004
www.msapas.net
Status (Visible)
I post the following primarily in defense of schools like Howard who give opportunities to folks who otherwise wouldn't have them.

Unless things have changed over the past few years, my understanding is that generally speaking, a person who can't get an interview with Howard has one of the following HUGE red flags: GPA or MCAT issues or obviously applying to Howard as a "back up". Personally, I've heard MCAT is a "bigger issue".

So if your app is tight like that and you're on the waitlist, I can see that as a problem but ONLY if you've gotten no love anywhere else. If it isn't, I say be glad it's not a rejection letter.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.