Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

to all howardians!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by arsenewenger, Mar 5, 2007.

1. arsenewenger

Post Doc
    I got this today! IS THIS THEIR PRE REJECTION NOTICE!

RE: NOTIFICATION OF APPLICATION REVIEW

Dear Applicant:
    Thank you for applying to Howard University College of Medicine.
    I am writing to inform you that we have received and reviewed your AMCAS application
    and your secondary application. Secondary applications were reviewed on a rolling
    basis when they were received.
    We are completing our final interview days, and we expect to continue interviewing
    through the end of April, but no later than mid-May.
    If it is decided to invited you for an interview with one of our Admissions
    Committee members, we will inform you of available dates by email. However, due to
    the large volume of applications, if we are not able to invite you to the College of
    Medicine for an interview, you will receive no further correspondence from our
    office regarding interim status.
    Please do not contact the Office of Admissions to request an interview.
    Applicants who have completed the application process, and who have not received an
    invitation to interview by May 15 should receive final written notification via US
    mail in mid-June.
    Again, we thank you for your interest in the College of Medicine.
    Sincerely,

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrVanNostran

Resident [Any Field]
    bump

I got this also...but on Friday

4. sassykru

sassykru Member

Other Health Professions Student
  5. sotired

sotired sotired

Pre-Medical
    got that too today

6. DoctaJay

DoctaJay bone breaker
    Moderator Emeritus

Fellow [Any Field]
    I'm not enrolled at HU, but from reading it, it sounds like a pre-interview waitlist. I've heard that HU interviews students very late. They may not appreciate calling but e-mailing [email protected] might help. I hope everything works out!

7. DrFreeman

DrFreeman Medical Student

Medical Student
    Got this message today as well

8. arsenewenger

Post Doc
    why would they put me on pre-interview waitlist? if i am not good enough, why can't they just go ahead and reject me instead of all this nonsense. The most annoying thing is this is the first e-mail i got today...thereby ruining the whole day for me (because this is the first day i screwed up in orgo lab).

9. DoctaJay

DoctaJay bone breaker
    Moderator Emeritus

Fellow [Any Field]
    To be honest, I have no real idea why Howard works that way. But I have heard that they wait to send their rejection letters at one time, whether you applied in October or in March. Someone on SDN received their rejection letter when they were already starting med school somewhere else. I think though that that was just due to the disorgnization. I do believe that they do their best with their limited resources.

10. kiddingme

kiddingme Excellent

Other Health Professions Student
    I got this email this morning and again this afternoon :confused:

11. 1Path

1Path Banned
    Banned

I post the following primarily in defense of schools like Howard who give opportunities to folks who otherwise wouldn't have them.

Unless things have changed over the past few years, my understanding is that generally speaking, a person who can't get an interview with Howard has one of the following HUGE red flags: GPA or MCAT issues or obviously applying to Howard as a "back up". Personally, I've heard MCAT is a "bigger issue".

So if your app is tight like that and you're on the waitlist, I can see that as a problem but ONLY if you've gotten no love anywhere else. If it isn't, I say be glad it's not a rejection letter.