To all NJMS waitlist people

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

busthwt

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow is the day they start letting us know. Hope we hear some good news, good luck to everyone in the waitlist boat.

Members don't see this ad.

busthwt said:
Tomorrow is the day they start letting us know. Hope we hear some good news, good luck to everyone in the waitlist boat.

Good luck to you too! My little Interview Buddy! ;o)

Karina

good luck to everyone that REALLY and TRUELY wants to go to this school.... :cool: :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm with ya guys... in fact just started the same thread earlier ;)

i guess that means no

sorry, actually wasn't being sarcastic, but I wasn't sure if you were. Though I do personally feel the adcoms were looking at the waitlist before June 1st, officially they only START looking at the list today, so I figure most of us will still be in for a wait of a few weeks.

Good luck though!

gonna keep this thread alive... I know you're out there people!!!

has anyone called to inquire about the lack of waitlist action?

so far, june has been very anti-climactic.

timmy i'm right there with you. but im prolly a few hundred places below you all on the waitlist though.

im with you too timmy

Nope, I haven't made a call since two weeks ago. By now I'm pretty sure that Doc Heinrich and the rest of the adcom are tired of hearing from me...

Members don't see this ad :)
This waiting sucks. If we have all ready sent in letters of intent and constantly called the schools; we have done all we can do. So just know is just a sit and wait. I just hope they make it fast so we can get on with our lives and just get away from our phones a bit, cause i know all you jersey waitlist people are sleeping with your phones at your side. I heard heinrich can call anytime. Good luck to everyone. Hope u make it timm

I spoke with Dr. Heinrich today. He mentioned something about still having too many people for next year's entering class, and they're still waiting for withdrawals before moving on to the waitlist. Good luck, everybody...

paradiselost said:
I spoke with Dr. Heinrich today. He mentioned something about still having too many people for next year's entering class, and they're still waiting for withdrawals before moving on to the waitlist. Good luck, everybody...

Ooh.... I don't like the sounds of that. Reason to be scared yet?

Sorry for double-posting, but Paradise, how do you get directly to Dr. Heinrich, does he have a private line? I've only been able to get the number for admissions right now.

Timmythemic22 said:
Ooh.... I don't like the sounds of that. Reason to be scared yet?

i am scared.

not makin' me feel any better kat, though I'm still tryin' to remain optimistic. When I called admissions they told me they would start looking at the list on monday. Hope that helps, keep it optimistic, we're all in the same boat.

bump... just called admissions yet again yesterday, no news... this sucks.

Timmythemic22 said:
bump... just called admissions yet again yesterday, no news... this sucks.

they told you that there would be movement on monday, though. they all need to get together and get their stories straight. it is so insensitive for them to keep misleading us like this.

getting pissed, in case you can't tell. i need to go for a run.

I most certainly agree, kat. I can honestly say in the long run the NJMS admissions people have been nothing but kind and accomodating. To be so callous now is completely outrageous.

i'm out of the game. i just got the letter i never wanted to get.

oh well, good luck to you guys, and hopefully i'll still see you at graduation in 4 years.

PublicEnemy said:

oh well, good luck to you guys, and hopefully i'll still see you at graduation in 4 years.

what does that mean?

PublicEnemy said:

My apologies, my friend. I'm certainly hoping the coming year will bring better news.

drguy22 said:
unfortunatley a rejection. i believe.

are they rejecting off of the waitlist? i never even considered that to be a possibility.

Good point... they couldn't be done viewing already, unless there are essentially zero spots open, which scares me, especially when I heard they delayed reviewing the waitlist because too few people were dropping their acceptance.

Oh well, continued good luck to all!

yeah they are rejecting off the waitlist....one of my friends just got that same letter

yes, rejecting off the waitlist. they may just be trimming the list. there might still be some openings that pop up. i'll most likely be attending SOM, our commencement is with RWJ and NJMS in Newark, thats why i wrote that earlier.

Another day, another bump.

Hope all you NJMS waitlisters are havin' a good day today.

When can we make this the 'official' NJMS waitlist thread?

Timmythemic22 said:
Sorry for double-posting, but Paradise, how do you get directly to Dr. Heinrich, does he have a private line? I've only been able to get the number for admissions right now.

I'm in the Master's program at UMDNJ. I walked into his office and asked for an appointment. If you're in the area, you don't have to be a student - I'm pretty sure you can ask for an appointment and meet with him to chat anyway. He's quite succinct and helpful in terms of going over your application and letting you know where you can improve.

Good luck.

paradiselost said:
I'm in the Master's program at UMDNJ. I walked into his office and asked for an appointment. If you're in the area, you don't have to be a student - I'm pretty sure you can ask for an appointment and meet with him to chat anyway. He's quite succinct and helpful in terms of going over your application and letting you know where you can improve.

Good luck.

Thanks, I actually did do that. You are certainly correct, he was infinitely helpful in my application process. I was more curious as to if he had a direct phone line, because I never received that one.

is it actually possible that njms will take nobody off the waitlist? has that ever happened?

No idea Kat... when I talked to admissions last they seemed pretty positive about spots opening up, how many though, who knows?

Anyone got any big plans this weekend? I know I'm doin' whatever it takes to stay busy these days.

Im on the waitlist as well and let me tell u....all of this waiting is def the hardest part of this whole process....i just want to know already!! I want to be an MD!! Sorry but my frustration is coming out in this post.....i guess hopefully we will find out soon and hope we all get in!

Still keepin' hope alive... any news over the weekend?

any one tried calling the admissions office. I'm on the waitlist and no word yet. Anyone know if anyone has gotten off it yet?

You have a wait ahead of you unfortunately. The fact that you haven't received a rejection letter at this point after they starting cutting people out of the wait list is a good sign. However, it does seem like most people who were accepted are keeping their spot... which is bad for us waitlisters. Try to keep positive, though I know it's rough.

By the way, if any waitlisters call admissions for info, please post any new information you have.

Thanks!

:luck:

eh, I'm going to try and keep this thread alive as long as I can. The thing that's killing me is keeping hope alive for NJMS, but then having to plan for moving to DC for my post bacc premed program at Georgetown if I don't get off the list. I'm going to be frantic the last couple of weeks if I have to find financial aid and housing at THAT point.

The waitlist is a cruel joke in life.

Timmythemic22 said:
You have a wait ahead of you unfortunately. The fact that you haven't received a rejection letter at this point after they starting cutting people out of the wait list is a good sign. However, it does seem like most people who were accepted are keeping their spot... which is bad for us waitlisters. Try to keep positive, though I know it's rough.

By the way, if any waitlisters call admissions for info, please post any new information you have.

Thanks!

:luck:

it says that you posted again at 1:30, but then this is the last message. is there something wrong with this thread?

Timmythemic22 said:
eh, I'm going to try and keep this thread alive as long as I can. The thing that's killing me is keeping hope alive for NJMS, but then having to plan for moving to DC for my post bacc premed program at Georgetown if I don't get off the list. I'm going to be frantic the last couple of weeks if I have to find financial aid and housing at THAT point.

The waitlist is a cruel joke in life.

that's really stressful. don't give up hope, though. the waitlist has got to move at some point. has there ever been a year with no movement whatsoever?

and in the worst case: DC is a really cool city.

Thanks Kat. I'm not sure about the posting thing either, one of my posts showed up alot later than I submitted. Oh well, who knows.

i am checking it too.

i wish there were some news.

I´m about to withdraw my spot at NJMS. Hope it opens up a spot for one of you guys.

Hey guys, I'm very interested in NJMS and just wanted to know what kind of gpa and mcat accepted applicants had. Thanks.