To all of you creative minds out there - HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jezzielin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In a personal statement there are ways to briefly say how you slipped your frosh year or early on in your career - well I did it late in my career, and I don't know how to briefly discuss it or make a positive from this.

I have heard to talk about other classes that you did well in, but these ones I didn't do so hot in are my MAJOR. Granted there are other classes that were more interesting, such as medical ethics and organic chemistry lol... yes that was more interesting than biochem...

I just dont' know how to flip this around to a positive being so late in my college career - PLEASE HELP ME!!! :(

I really need this essay to have a punch :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Seriously, adcoms don't really take a close look at the major. They look at the science, non-science & total gpa and your less than stellar performance in the 3rd or 4th year BCPM is going to be staring at them.

If you had some courses that you found interesting and challenging and you still did well in them, highlight those in your PS. Ignore your poor showing in biochem in your PS. If your gpa (or BCPM gpa) slipped more than 0.5 from one year to the next, you might want to make a statement that you learned some hard lessons about (.....time management or whatever...) in your junior/senior year; that you learned about struggling and getting up and trying again. Don't let a bump in the road, stop your progress.