To all pre-pharm students, don't make the same mistake this guy made

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

renetto

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that I heard this directly from the source so no need for the hearsay comments. Always always always talk to the Dean or admissions counselors before you go and do something stupid like this.

There are two pharmacy schools in Oklahoma: OU and SWOSU. An OU student was applying to SWOSU and OU and got in for the spring semester at SWOSU (they admit students in the spring and fall). A month went by in the spring semester and the student got an acceptance letter for OU, which was his first choice of pharmacy schools. So he drops out of SWOSU without talking to anybody about it; however, since he already accepted admissions at SWOSU and would therefore be a transfer student he lost his acceptance to OU.

Now he has to wait another year to apply to pharmacy school, that is if he gets readmitted.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep in mind that I heard this directly from the source so no need for the hearsay comments. Always always always talk to the Dean or admissions counselors before you go and do something stupid like this.

There are two pharmacy schools in Oklahoma: OU and SWOSU. An OU student was applying to SWOSU and OU and got in for the spring semester at SWOSU (they admit students in the spring and fall). A month went by in the spring semester and the student got an acceptance letter for OU, which was his first choice of pharmacy schools. So he drops out of SWOSU without talking to anybody about it; however, since he already accepted admissions at SWOSU and would therefore be a transfer student he lost his acceptance to OU.

Now he has to wait another year to apply to pharmacy school, that is if he gets readmitted.

Couple of questions about this:

1) Did he apply using PharmCAS?

2) How would OU find out about his acceptance to/dropping out of SWOSU?

No, it's THE source as in the person I'm talking about.

Well, you can't always believe everything a person tells you from personal experience. Someone looking in from the outside might know what went on "behind the scenes."

Couple of questions about this:

1) Did he apply using PharmCAS?

2) How would OU find out about his acceptance to/dropping out of SWOSU?

OU uses PharmCAS, SWOSU does not. As a part of his acceptance to OU he acknowledged to them that he was already enrolled in a pharmacy program. Because of that, he is not considered a direct applicant but as a transfer and was then rejected.

YOU telling US something you heard from SOMEONE ELSE (no matter who it is) is hearsay.

How old are you?

Hearsay is information gathered by one person from another concerning some event, condition, or thing of which the first person had no direct experience.
What I presented was information gathered by me from another concerning an event that the first person had direct experience. This is NOT hearsay.

EDIT: I don't think you really understand the OP. Event happened to person A, person A tells person B, person B tells SDN forum. This is not hearsay.

How old are you?

What I presented was information gathered by me from another concerning an event that the first person had direct experience. This is NOT hearsay.

EDIT: I don't think you really understand the OP. Event happened to person A, person A tells person B, person B tells SDN forum. This is not hearsay.

27, what's your point?

Woot, ad hominem, definitely the last resort for someone with no argument.

27, what's your point?

Woot, ad hominem, definitely the last resort for someone with no argument.

I didn't ad hominem you.

How can I have no argument when your presenting false accusations? By definition, what I posted is NOT hearsay. You are wrong so please get off my ass and stop trolling me.

I didn't ad hominem you.

How can I have no argument when your presenting false accusations? By definition, what I posted is NOT hearsay. You are wrong so please get off my ass and stop trolling me.

Asking my age is an obvious attempt to say, "ZOMG LOOK YOU'RE YOUNG AND HAVE NO IDEA!!!"

You are bad at this.

Let me help you.

Ready?

HEARSAY IS:
unverified, unofficial information gained or acquired from another and not part of one's direct knowledge:

Is this unverified? Absolutely. You're a dude on a forum. Completely unverifiable.

Is this acquired or gained from ANOTHER and NOT PART of your DIRECT knowledge? Yes. If it had happened TO YOU and not a FRIEND, it would be DIRECT knowledge. Need the definition of direct, too?

You're way out of your league. Please take your whopping 93 posts and either pay due respect or leave.

Asking my age is an obvious attempt to say, "ZOMG LOOK YOU'RE YOUNG AND HAVE NO IDEA!!!"

You are bad at this.

Let me help you.

Ready?

HEARSAY IS:
unverified, unofficial information gained or acquired from another and not part of one's direct knowledge:

Is this unverified? Absolutely. You're a dude on a forum. Completely unverifiable.

Is this acquired or gained from ANOTHER and NOT PART of your DIRECT knowledge? Yes. If it had happened TO YOU and not a FRIEND, it would be DIRECT knowledge. Need the definition of direct, too?

You're way out of your league.

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with the OP. If you don't want to believe me then LEAVE THIS TOPIC. If you have nothing to add then LEAVE THIS TOPIC.

Are you an admin? Are you a mod? Is there an admin I can PM about this? This is unacceptable behavior of a mod to derail a legitimate thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep blowin' smoke bro.

It's hearsay.

Hearsay is information gathered by one person from another concerning some event, condition, or thing of which the first person had no direct experience. When submitted as evidence, such statements are called hearsay evidence. As a legal term, "hearsay" can also have the narrower meaning of the use of such information as evidence to prove the truth of what is asserted. Such use of "hearsay evidence" in court is generally not allowed. This prohibition is called the hearsay rule.
For example, a witness says "Susan told me Tom was in town". Since the witness did not see Tom in town, the statement would be hearsay evidence to the fact that Tom was in town, and not admissible. However, it would be admissible as evidence that Susan said Tom was in town, and on the issue of her knowledge of whether he was in town.

Again, you might want to check your English notes because you are wrong. This kid showed me his rejection letter and the explanation for it; therefore, it's NOT hearsay evidence to the fact that he was rejected.

You're out of your league and you're doing this topic a disservice. I suggest you leave before you continue to make yourself look stupid.

You are bad at this.

Let me help you.

Ready?

HEARSAY IS:

You're way out of your league. Please take your whopping 93 posts and either pay due respect or leave.

To be honest, I do not care if it is hearsay or not but I would like to thanks renetto for this piece of information. Sometime, it doesn't matter if you hear from another person or not as long as the information will help you.

Thanks again for this piece of info. :)

After careful review I must acknowledge Renetto champion of this thread. Congratulations to both participants and remember we are all winners here.

Why is everybody arguing? Why don't we just say "Thank you" and move on with our lives? Sucks to be that person who's made the mistake. Bottom line is, I know what my first choice is and I'm not making ANY moves until I hear from them. : )
Besides, I don't care if that's "he said, she said" quality of information. This stuff happens. Just like humans on Mars- believe it or not. None of us actually were there.

It's not about who wins, but who plays by the rules.

You can't say it's not hearsay when it is.

Renetto, your information is not verifiable. You can upload the letter to us and we can then see it and then it will be verifiable.

Until it's verifiable, it's hearsay, as per the definition thereof.

It's not about who wins, but who plays by the rules.

You can't say it's not hearsay when it is.

Renetto, your information is not verifiable. You can upload the letter to us and we can then see it and then it will be verifiable.

Until it's verifiable, it's hearsay, as per the definition thereof.

It's NOT hearsay, that's a fact.

What the hell is your problem? I don't have to post copies of anything, especially since I don't own the rejection letter and he would probably object me posting the letter to a bunch of nobodies on a message board who want their 4,000+ post ego stroked. Why don't you go read up on transfer/incoming applicant rules or something? I'm sorry I don't want to bother everyone with copies and copies of pages that will serve no use to them.

It's NOT hearsay, that's a fact.

What the hell is your problem? I don't have to post copies of anything, especially since I don't own the rejection letter and he would probably object me posting the letter to a bunch of nobodies on a message board who want their 4,000+ post ego stroked. Why don't you go read up on transfer/incoming applicant rules or something? I'm sorry I don't want to bother everyone with copies and copies of pages that will serve no use to them.

Do you have trouble reading the definition of hearsay?

This is

a. Not verifiable.

b. From someone else. NOT direct knowledge.

Not hearsay:

I got pulled over today speeding and told my mother.

Hearsay:

My friend bob got pulled over and told me about it, then I told my mother.

You're misrepresenting information by claiming so vehemently that this is not hearsay when blatantly it is. Then you go and ask my age, as if that matters. Funny how you didn't follow up on that. Guess it wasn't what you wanted to hear?

Do you have trouble reading the definition of hearsay?

This is

a. Not verifiable.

b. From someone else. NOT direct knowledge.

Not hearsay:

I got pulled over today speeding and told my mother.

Hearsay:

My friend bob got pulled over and told me about it, then I told my mother.

You're misrepresenting information by claiming so vehemently that this is not hearsay when blatantly it is. Then you go and ask my age, as if that matters. Funny how you didn't follow up on that. Guess it wasn't what you wanted to hear?

haha I didn't follow up on that because the question was rhetorical, being a question of your maturity.

I haven't misrepresented one damn detail in my OP and because it was told to me by the source, it is NOT hearsay. I have posted what hearsay is and what it takes to be classified as hearsay but it obviously hasn't registered in your brain.

Hearsay is information gathered by one person from another concerning some event, condition, or thing of which the first person had no direct experience. When submitted as evidence, such statements are called hearsay evidence. As a legal term, "hearsay" can also have the narrower meaning of the use of such information as evidence to prove the truth of what is asserted. Such use of "hearsay evidence" in court is generally not allowed. This prohibition is called the hearsay rule.
For example, a witness says "Susan told me Tom was in town". Since the witness did not see Tom in town, the statement would be hearsay evidence to the fact that Tom was in town, and not admissible. However, it would be admissible as evidence that Susan said Tom was in town, and on the issue of her knowledge of whether he was in town.

Third times the charm, let's see what happens next!

Law Evidence based on the reports of others rather than the personal knowledge of a witness and therefore generally not admissible as testimony.

This is a "report" not knowledge of a "witness" (you, bucko) and therefore it wouldn't even be admissable as testimony. That's if you want to use something other than the dictionary, which I guess you do.

In either case, you're wrong.

This is a "report" not knowledge of a "witness" (you, bucko) and therefore it wouldn't even be admissable as testimony. That's if you want to use something other than the dictionary, which I guess you do.

In either case, you're wrong.

Are you kidding me? Courtroom law is COMPLETELY different from what we're talking about. We are not talking about courtroom hearsay, we are talking about generalized hearsay regarding statements people make.

Either way, I'm still correct. Your trolling was entertaining but now it's just becoming sad. Oh well, the internet can't be full of winners I guess :laugh:

Are you kidding me? Courtroom law is COMPLETELY different from what we're talking about. We are not talking about courtroom hearsay, we are talking about generalized hearsay regarding statements people make.

Either way, I'm still correct. Your trolling was entertaining but now it's just becoming sad. Oh well, the internet can't be full of winners I guess :laugh:

So you DON'T want to use the definition? If you do,

a. It's not verifiable. You still haven't verified your claim. How the hell do you keep missing this?????

Dear lord, go back to whatever hole you crawled out from whenever you registered.

Here's a very simple concept for you.

if, then.

If, it's not verifiable, then, it's hearsay.

Either way, have a nice night with your hearsay, I am going to take the high road as the discretion is the better part of valor. Cheers!

By the way, I love this quote that I somehow missed from you

Please take your whopping 93 posts and either pay due respect or leave.

You really are sad, aren't you? Respect is earned, darling. Posts on a message board do not translate into anything in the real world.

Now do you guys see why my class hates SDN? Users like Passion4Sci only add to the problems this board has.

So you DON'T want to use the definition? If you do,

a. It's not verifiable. You still haven't verified your claim. How the hell do you keep missing this?????

Dear lord, go back to whatever hole you crawled out from whenever you registered.

Here's a very simple concept for you.

if, then.

If, it's not verifiable, then, it's hearsay.

Either way, have a nice night with your hearsay, I am going to take the high road as the discretion is the better part of valor. Cheers!

You go ahead and take the high road with your incorrect usage of modern definitions. I'll stick with the facts

Please leave this thread, you have nothing to add.

You go ahead and take the high road with your incorrect usage of modern definitions. I'll stick with the facts

Please leave this thread, you have nothing to add.

P4sci is right.

There's no way you can prove this story in your first post. Go ahead and try to submit proof.

This is depressing, if anything. It's really sad to know that Passion somehow sneaked through the admissions process with this smartass attitude, hopefully she'll get weeded out by her P2 year.

This is depressing, if anything. It's really sad to know that Passion somehow sneaked through the admissions process with this smartass attitude, hopefully she'll get weeded out by her P2 year.

:laugh: You could not be any more wrong.

i thought passion4sci was male;

P4sci is right.

There's no way you can prove this story in your first post. Go ahead and try to submit proof.

Either way, it doesn't change the facts presented in the OP. Address the topic or please leave.

I can always have him post on here but you guys will probably bitch and complain about that too.

Troll harder renetto

1248582307944.jpg

Either way, it doesn't change the facts presented in the OP. Address the topic or please leave.

Facts? They're not facts. They're things you heard about what happened to a pre-pharm student. Bring that student into SDN and have him provide a statement that is verifiable and reliable.

weren't we all here to find out the true definition of "heresay"?

Troll harder renetto

1248582307944.jpg

This is MY topic, how the hell can I troll in MY topic?

You have nothing to add to the OP, please leave.

Facts? They're not facts. They're things you heard about what happened to a pre-pharm student. Bring that student into SDN and have him provide a witness statement that is verifiable and reliable.

From THE pharmacy student, not from another source. Therefore it is NOT hearsay.

From THE pharmacy student, not from another source. Therefore it is NOT hearsay.

How do we know that you're not twisting any of the words or the statements you heard? We don't know for sure. You could be or could not be. There's no way that you can prove to us that you haven't forgotten or changed any of the statements you have heard.

Hearsay shemeresay whatever you want to call it is irrelevant. My name is Nathan and yes, I am the person that renetto is referring to. Everything he said was true and it's an unfortunate situation I put myself in but I blame no one but myself. There's a good possibility I won't be readmitted next year but I have begun the process of finding new avenues that I can take myself to. I will start the admissions process all over again but will widen the number of schools I apply to. As for this passion4science lady she doesn't represent me nor would I prefer she speak for me. To protect my privacy and ensure no problems with applications next year I won't give out copies of papers and documents and things that you are trying to demand from my friend. If you don't believe my story then do what has been said in this thread and leave. You serve no purpose to me or the people who should hear my story.

Thanks,
Nathan

You all are out of line on this one. Information was provided. You can accept it or reject it. If you really think OP came here to give a false story just to see what would happen, great. I know you are all probably bored, but really?

Edit: Off topic... sorry but I find it hilarious that P4Sci has been labeled a lady in this thread.

Hearsay shemeresay whatever you want to call it is irrelevant. My name is Nathan and yes, I am the person that renetto is referring to. Everything he said was true and it's an unfortunate situation I put myself in but I blame no one but myself. There's a good possibility I won't be readmitted next year but I have begun the process of finding new avenues that I can take myself to. I will start the admissions process all over again but will widen the number of schools I apply to. As for this passion4science lady she doesn't represent me nor would I prefer she speak for me. To protect my privacy and ensure no problems with applications next year I won't give out copies of papers and documents and things that you are trying to demand from my friend. If you don't believe my story then do what has been said in this thread and leave. You serve no purpose to me or the people who should hear my story.

Thanks,
Nathan

renetto just made another account...Dude trolling 101..lurk more

Wow this forum is full of rude people, go ahead and look at my ip address to see I'm my own person

Status
Not open for further replies.