Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

To all premeds and future med students

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by Castro Viejo, May 1, 2002.

1. Castro Viejo

Castro Viejo Papa Clot Buster

Attending Physician
    Hi everybody,

The Allopathic Forum is obviously open to the entire SDN community, but please keep your topics/posts to matters directly related to studying medicine at the med school level. Questions that ask "What are my chances?" and lists your credentials will not be permitted to remain in the Allopathic Forum.

Premeds and accepted Med Students can use the Allopathic Forum to find out more information regarding school X (but NOT admissions information), School X vs. School Y questions are allowable, as well as questions regarding a med school's curriculum.

These same rules should really hold for the Osteopathic Forum as well.

Congratulations to those of you who have been accepted and good luck to those of you who are beginning the process this summer.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. orthoman5000

orthoman5000 Senior Member

Where can I get a copy of this book "So You Want To Be a Surgeon"? Thats one of the funniest things I've read in a while. Some might say it describes me!

4. Castro Viejo

Castro Viejo Papa Clot Buster

Attending Physician
    If you go to <a href="http://www.facs.org/medicalstudents" target="_blank">www.facs.org/medicalstudents</a> there's a link somewhere on the page that takes you to the electronic version of "So, You Want to be a Surgeon," affectionately called the "little red book" by many students.

The rest of the publication is not nearly as amusing as the quote. Actually the rest of it is a lot of patting-on-the-back, we-surgeons-are-great kind of stuff. :)

When I read the quote I thought it applied to me (that is, the locker-room humor, a vocabulary of single-syllable words, and a social, political, and sexual ideology somewhere to the right of Attila the Hun) as well. :)

Good luck.

5. orthoman5000

orthoman5000 Senior Member

Thanks, I actually found the site right before you posted where it was at. That quote is great. You are right though the rest was all "surgery is great, surgeons are the best, only surgeons can truly understand how great we are and how good it is, etc."

I start med school this fall and think I want to be a surgeon, but only time will tell!