To all the ignorant people from valuemd's ross forum,Equal pay for all local employee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mylifeatdominic

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
that site sucks. they banned me because i posted this.

------
I am sick of you heartless people trying hard to help the rich dervy shareholders continue to exploit local Dominican people! Ross has existed on that island for more than 20 years, yet the Porty area remains very poor. How many local employees got rich after working for this school for many years, how many of them were able to buy a house or a new car?! and how much profit is this school continuing to generate for those rich shareholders?!

This is a simple fact, if you go ask any of the local secretaries!

if some professor's wife works as a secretary, she will get paid at a much higher rate than any local Dominican secretaries even though they have the same work load.

so don't come on here, talk as if you know about economy and justice and equal pay! you know nothing! This is discrimination, this is not equal pay for everyone! The secretaries have complained about this for a long time, they dare not to speak out, because they are afarid of the consequences! However, that is a fact!

don't come on here and tell the world how ignorant you are, by saying that the local employees are "lazy," and they are "happy" about how much they are making!

It is utterly utterly stupid and insulting to say that paying the local employees more money will only hurt the local economy! For one thing, all the Dominican professors are paid equally just like a professor from the US.

don't come on here, say that we should not help fight against this injustice and discrimination, because the local people know how to "take care" of themselves!

It was not so long ago, when the Bank told the local employees that their Ross checks wroth nothing, because the school account had zero dollar!

i am utterly SICK of all you who know nothing about Dominica and the Dominican people, and talk bs about them!

Students are paying the same amount of tution as other students in other Carib. med. schools or even the US med. schools, yet the Janinstors at Ross are paid much less than anyone else! SMU, SGU, AUC janitors certainly get paid at a higher rate! Don't complain about bathroom problems, because you are the ones who are making the bathrooms always dirty!

how many of you will be "happy" to work at Ross as a janitor and clean bathrooms for the rest of your life with that little money?!

I dare anyone who disagrees with me to go and chat with a cleaning lady, to talk to a security guard, to find out if they are "happy" about how much they are making now, and to see if they are content about their working situation right now!

So if you don't want to have a job like that for yourself, do NOT come on here and tell the rest of the world that you think that it is ok to exploit local employees, and to pay them paltry salaries!

If this site wants to ban me because of what i am fighting for, so be it. The people of Dominica will unite, and fight for equal pay just like how they fought against the British colonists not so many years ago!

---
--my signature---
Equal pay for every employee! That means to pay the local employees the same amount of the money as other non-local employees for the same amount of work load. Fight against injustice, end discrimination one at a time!

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like you should be a social activist and not a doctor. I guess failing out of Carib medical school will make you jaded like that.

WOW of course you know this is not VMD and this is a Medical student site not a political site? Please tell us how you base this? You must have what a local makes and compare it to what the Ross employee makes there, not at another school, thats what is done here on the Island I'm on. BTW go back to the USA and fight for a living wage there. There are millions working and paying higher costs for the health insurance they need, a person may pay up to 20% of what they make for the insurance, yea dont believe me? Ok at $10 an hour a family person makes 800 biweekly but may pay up to 200 biweekly for health insurance for a family of 3, yea I know this is true. thats 25% of what they make, how do they live then? Taxes and health insurance?

Ok fast forward to th island I'm on, the locals so not want to work "Too Much" cause they loose free health insurance and a supplemental check here in the NA. SO whats the deal? I do not know just know these people are living a lot better and happier then the ones in the US working to pay for health insurance.

Members don't see this ad :)
going on my ignore list here too ...

ya, so rossfamily, you must be one of the shareholders at Ross who is just happy that ross and devry are paying paltry salaries to local dominican people, so you people can get richer and richer.

even rich capitalists know about freedom of speech. you should be ashamed of yourself for suggesting them to ban me.

even rich capitalists know about freedom of speech. you should be ashamed of yourself for suggesting them to ban me.

You should be ashamed of being so darned cute!!

Although this persons post are in the wrong place and will do him/her no good because no one here is responsible for the poor conditions in Dominica or at Ross, I find it hard to believe how rude so many so called future doctors can be.

Clean up you act guys.

To the person who keeps posting these comments in this site. You may be angry but this is not the place to express it. Ross students don't have any real power over the administration. They get screwed by them on a regular basis.

Although this persons post are in the wrong place and will do him/her no good because no one here is responsible for the poor conditions in Dominica or at Ross, I find it hard to believe how rude so many so called future doctors can be.

Clean up you act guys.

To the person who keeps posting these comments in this site. You may be angry but this is not the place to express it. Ross students don't have any real power over the administration. They get screwed by them on a regular basis.

if you had read this guy's posts on valuemd, you would know why ppl are soo rude...ppl explain the reason why the economy and the system is what it is in dominica, but the guy refuses to listen and just goes on and on...then goes to make another account and support his own cause my using another name..its ridiculous.

if you had read this guy's posts on valuemd, you would know why ppl are soo rude...ppl explain the reason why the economy and the system is what it is in dominica, but the guy refuses to listen and just goes on and on...then goes to make another account and support his own cause my using another name..its ridiculous.

All I can do is remember that I'm not him, and I don't need to act like him. I don't like to give away my power.

It is not wise to make judgments without knowing the facts. It makes you look foolish to chastise anonymous people for a proper response to this person's incessant trolling. Do you really believe that this person is a Ross medical student when she spends all day posting on VMD?

Please save your pontification for a worthier time.

Clean up you act guys.

i think that it is ridiculous you are supporting the rich shareholders.

Let me say it one more time. it is a known fact.

if a professor's wife works as a secretary at Ross, she will get paid a much higher salary than any of the local Dominican secretaries who have the same workload.

Now explain that to me. How does economy play in this situation?!

i think that it is ridiculous you are supporting the rich shareholders.

Let me say it one more time. it is a known fact.

if a professor's wife works as a secretary at Ross, she will get paid a much higher salary than any of the local Dominican secretaries who have the same workload.

Now explain that to me. How does economy play in this situation?!

Hmmm do you seriously think venting on here and VMD will have ANY significant effect on the situation :rolleyes: ????

This is getting old.:p

NO. it will never get old as long as those rich devry shareholders are exploiting poor dominican employees!

I don't even have to ask, it is a fact that employees at SMU, AUC get paid much higher than Dominica employees due to their higher living standards.

So ross is charge more, but it doesn't share the profit with the local employees. this is not fair. and this is not what every future physicians should support!

students at Ross should organize and fight for the local employees!

I know who MLAD is! She's Hermione from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, fighting for the enslaved house elves of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!

Maybe Ross should move the school to another Island Like Grand Cayman? that way there will be less to bitch about.
Tell ya what you are right, quit medschool and go to work there and give all your money to the poor there! In fact all medical students at Ross should quit and do this. That will show the school! (Although another 200 students will rush to take your place).

No I do not think this is funny, but it is sad to see someone so angry on the net about something that has little to do with Medical school. Ross is not the government of that country, petition them to make the laws that force ALL companies to pay good wages not just Ross.