To all the SDN MS1's - how did your first semester go?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOtobe

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I am at home enjoying my Christmas vacation and now I finally have time to post on SDN. I was just wondering how everyone's first semester went. Mine went okay at LECOM. I passed all my classes (I'm pretty sure I did), and that's really just our main goal, isn't it? I really hope what everyone says is true, that the first semester is the worst, because I don't know if I can handle anything more difficult. So that's my story, how about yours? :D

Members don't see this ad.

The thought that "it has got to get easier than first sememster" is keeping me going at COMP. Personally, I am pretty sure that I passed all of my classes (we are all sweating one class). I am not in the top 10 or the bottom 10, so I guess that I am happy. Only 3 more semesters to go before rotations!!!

I agree with teloola....as we are in the same class...I, myself...will not breath easy until Head and neck is done, and I can say goodbye to anatomy....

Like Cher said...

"Too long on the borderline..wondering if that "70" was really mine...."

See ya all....soon enough

Members don't see this ad :)
I, too, go to school with Teelola and Yosh,

And all I can say is that I agree with Teelola 100%, it can only get easier or be just as difficult from here. Because if it gets any worse...besides residency, I'm gonna have a few words to say about our school. Yes, I'm also sweating this one class that at least half the class is worried about. Other than that, I'm going along the ride with everyone else...just swimming to avoid a potentially deadly sinking worst than the Titanic.

i know this isn't really intended for me as i will start next fall but i was curious as to what you did to make it through this first semester? CONGRATS on making it- you deserve a break!!!

I didn't know if I should be sweating or not, but I think I will be. The semester was survivable and I think I did it.. but it won't be pretty. :D

I'm glad we're off, too. I really needed the break! I think towards the end of the semester everyone was getting on each other's last nerve. ;)

Kat :D

Nursey K, our break is almost over...doesn't that suck??? Before we know it, H&P Week.... :eek:

And about surviving...the main thing I can say is MAKE SURE YOU GET ENOUGH SLEEP! I know it seems like medical students everywhere get no sleep, but I am in bed by midnight every night. I can think 1000% better when I've gotten enough sleep. And another thing, don't listen to some of your more competitive classmates (every class has a couple gunners). They just make you feel worse, so just worry about yourself and you will do great! :D

My first semester was crazy. I was on the borderline for a couple of classes and that drove me crazy. I wasn't sleeping or eating right and just felt miserable but I had to get myself together and thank God I made it through. I agree with my classmate DOtobe, sleep is your friend ...don't deprive yourself!!!! Take a break everyday to do something that you enjoy like listening to music, reading a book, working out etc...

It has to get better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only 3 semesters before rotations!!!!!!!!! God bless everybody and I hope you all enjoyed your break. I can honestly say we deserved it.

Well, I'll get back to enjoying my last week of freedom.

Hasn't it been nice to live like NORMAL people for a while?