To all the women out there: I don't have a va-jayjay, so explain menstruation.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSaiyan3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As a female, it is your moral duty to educate men about your complex sexual reproductive cycle. I had no idea what the hell a TAMPON was for until a couple years ago that girls put it up their vaginas to block the blood flow.

This triggered my first thought to: "WHY are they bleeding from their vaginas?"

Frankly, I never cared. So I never looked into it. But then in physiology class, I had to learn about it, and i was blown away by how confusing it was. And now I am about to be haunted by it again by this dreaded MCAT.

so here are my listed questions:

1. does menstruation signal the first day of a NEW menstrual cycle?
2. menstruation only occurs when pregnancy does not occur, and the progesterone AND estrogen level fall back down eventually, causing the endometrium proliferation and maintenance to fail, right? Thus the "sloughing off" process of that excess endometrium from your vaginas? GROSS!
3. How does your oogenesis actually work? Your germ cell undergoes cell division to an oogonia, and then it undergoes meiosis (I AND II?) to form a PRIMARY oocyte. At this point, are you a haploid (23 chromosomes) or a diploid (46)?
4. Why does meiosis I gets stuck at PROPHASE I??
5. . Why does it .get stuck in METAPHASEII as it goes through MII to become a secondary oocyte? How does it .s.tay that way until it gets fertilized, where it will divide to become a HAPLOID ovum (23 chromosomes, 23 chromatids)? If it became FERTILIZED, then doesn't that mean that it's already bonded with the sperm? that doesn't make no sense man!!

These are legitimate questions. For the sake of science, answer them!!

Please and thank you.

SS3 :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Are you suggesting that this is something the female psyche is uniquely capable of fully understanding?

LMFAO -- the title is hilarious. And I would just like to point out, that you asking us about our ovum, primary oocytes, and hormone levels in our body during menstruation is about as logical as me asking you about spermatogonia, the acrosome head of sperm, or your vas deferns activity. Just because it occurs in our bodies, doesn't mean we have some special insight as to what is happeneing scientifically.

Members don't see this ad :)
LMFAO -- the title is hilarious. And I would just like to point out, that you asking us about our ovum, primary oocytes, and hormone levels in our body during menstruation is about as logical as me asking you about spermatogonia, the acrosome head of sperm, or your vas deferns activity. Just because it occurs in our bodies, doesn't mean we have some special insight as to what is happeneing scientifically.

I know woman!!! Just answer the question I am asking you!

I purposely make myself sound silly so people who drift around on this forum will have a laugh and have a better day.

I hope you people don't actually think I base my life around Dragonball Z. I mean, YES I did watch all 300 episodes during my 1st year university exam season and ended up not studying a single hour for any of my exams, but that doesn't mean I don't worship the show.

How about somebody just answer my questions?? Pretty please???? :luck:

I purposely make myself sound silly so people who drift around on this forum will have a laugh and have a better day.

I hope you people don't actually think I base my life around Dragonball Z. I mean, YES I did watch all 300 episodes during my 1st year university exam season and ended up not studying a single hour for any of my exams, but that doesn't mean I don't worship the show.

Bleach is much better than Dragonball Z.

this is not a logical flow of thoughts.

Serious question though.

Are anti-estrogen and anti-progesterone pills able to be used as abortion drugs? Because if you get pregnant, your body will always be secreting progesterone and estrogen to prevent menstruation, so if you take drugs that prevent those hormones from acting, you'll stop being pregnant, right?

Serious question though.

Are anti-estrogen and anti-progesterone pills able to be used as abortion drugs? Because if you get pregnant, your body will always be secreting progesterone and estrogen to prevent menstruation, so if you take drugs that prevent those hormones from acting, you'll stop being pregnant, right?

even if this were the case this would likely not be clinically viable due to the myriad effects of these hormones. additionally you'd have to block hcg... we have plenty of abortion methods without resorting to this i would think... but i could be wrong here.

The avatar is Emma Watson, lol. And I do in fact think you are very hilarious SuperSaiyan -- and as far as your questions are concerned, you were spot on in the first couple of points. In regards to the question about if primary oocytes are diploid or haploid at this point, they are diploid. As far as the rest, I'm honestly too tired to look some of that up. But I will say you are thinking about a couple of the issues too far. Only basic info is needed for the MCAT.

what's there to understand. get a book and memorize it.

I quote the robot IronHyde from Transformers 2 the movie when I say:

"This fool is TERRIBLY mistaken."

and useless. buddy, you've been trailing me around on every single post/thread I make and just saying "get a book."

If I wanted to do that, I wouldn't have asked for reassurance on a internet forum would I? Like I said, if you're not gonna be of help, then why are you posting? Just ignore it. Like we're all ignoring your condescending attitude. :laugh:

Thanks vandyam. I already did check with a book and clarified it.
Glad you enjoyed my humor. :luck: Isn't it boring enough have to discuss this matter? So shouldn't a little bit of comedy loosen people up? Guess not, since the premeds on this forum have an anus so tight that they can't even defecate on the toilet without freaking out at somebody else (like bleargh up there).

Members don't see this ad :)
Serious question though.

I did learn from my pharm100 class that anti-E & P pills are used as abortion drugs... but I'm not sure if they were classified safe or not.

I know that vitamin E deficiency can cause abortion. Crazy huh??

[YOUTUBE]8_rfZ_qj1z4[/YOUTUBE]

well well, if it isn't ZP to the rescue.

Great video. Thanks a lot.. it clarified a lot.

So FSH : stimulates growth of follicle.

LH: stimulates ovulation.

Follicles: produce estrogen before ovulaton.
C. luteum: produces progesterone, as well as estradiol, after ovulation.

after fertilization, the egg produces HCG to maintain itself???

I quote the robot IronHyde from Transformers 2 the movie when I say:

"This fool is TERRIBLY mistaken."

and useless. buddy, you've been trailing me around on every single post/thread I make and just saying "get a book."

If I wanted to do that, I wouldn't have asked for reassurance on a internet forum would I? Like I said, if you're not gonna be of help, then why are you posting? Just ignore it. Like we're all ignoring your condescending attitude. :laugh:

Thanks vandyam. I already did check with a book and clarified it.
Glad you enjoyed my humor. :luck: Isn't it boring enough have to discuss this matter? So shouldn't a little bit of comedy loosen people up? Guess not, since the premeds on this forum have an anus so tight that they can't even defecate on the toilet without freaking out at somebody else (like bleargh up there).

get a grip son. i read most of the MCAT forum because i have information that is actually of use with people with measurable intelligence. the fact of the matter is there is nothing to explain here, it's straight up memorization. and seriously. you're not funny, stop trying to convince yourself your overexposed complexes is your conscious effort at humor. it's transparent.. and really, who's the one freaking out here?

btw, why don't you start a thread asking for help with neurobio since you clearly don't have a brain?

get a grip son. i read most of the MCAT forum because i have information that is actually of use with people with measurable intelligence. the fact of the matter is there is nothing to explain here, it's straight up memorization. and seriously. you're not funny, stop trying to convince yourself your overexposed complexes is your conscious effort at humor. it's transparent.. and really, who's the one freaking out here?

btw, why don't you start a thread asking for help with neurobio since you clearly don't have a brain?

OH SNAP... Pre-Med insults... lol
this forum is awesome

yes I am trying to pick women up on an internet forum. :confused: are you ******ed?

"it's straight memorization"

you are by far the most ignorant person I've ever had the misfortune to meet.

Stop acting like the big man on the internet.

yeah boys. stop fighting and concentrate on the workings of the vajayjays.

lord knows we aren't getting any in real life due to the mcat.

SuperSaiyan3: I have nothing against you personally and would not characterize you as a troll.

But I found the idea of this thread disturbing. The MCAT studying we do is essentially part of a continuum of preparation for professional work. One of the implicit rules of professionalism is the separation of the personal and the professional.

What one studies on their own is their own business. But when studying with a group or posting on a forum, keep in mind that personal and/or controversial elements should be kept at bay. Where exactly does it stop? At gross anatomy lab, physiology group study, 3rd or 4th year rotations...?

I rest my case.

SuperSaiyan3: I have nothing against you personally and would not characterize you as a troll.

But I found the idea of this thread disturbing. The MCAT studying we do is essentially part of a continuum of preparation for professional work. One of the implicit rules of professionalism is the separation of the personal and the professional.

What one studies on their own is their own business. But when studying with a group or posting on a forum, keep in mind that personal and/or controversial elements should be kept at bay. Where exactly does it stop? At gross anatomy lab, physiology group study, 3rd or 4th year rotations...?

I rest my case.

throughout the course of your day, does that stick jutting out from your behind ever get in the way? i would imagine it might when you sit down, eat, walk, etc. sucks huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.