To All Ucla People

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bruinkid

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
are you guys using basic mail or priority for lors?

Members don't see this ad.

trojans suck.
use regular mail. there was a thread about this exact topic.
w00t.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to use regular mail for now, but I'll be using priority with those secondaries I get in Oct or later (b/c of the August MCATs).

UCLA Paratrooper

Originally posted by Street Philosopher
trojans suck.

AHHHHHHHHH HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLL NNAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHh

taht's y we've kicked yo ass in football the last 3 yrs?!! taht's y our men's tennis team finished the season as NCAA CHAMPS! aiiiteeeee./!!!!>>>

'BOOOOOYYYAAAAAAA

regular mail.....

Are you guys paying the extra $5 for "special handling," ie. putting AMCAS ID on recs?

UCLA Paratrooper

UCLA Paratrooper,
Is the "special handling" necessary if our Recommender includes our AMCAS ID in the letter?
I think this might just be a ploy for UCLA Career Center to rake in a few extra dollar$!

honestly, i don't think it matters. your lors will have your soc sec on them anyway.

i'm paranoid. i trust no one, especially when that no one is passing around info of mine. i asked my letter writers before i had my amcas id, so i'm going to be dishing out the extra $. and that gets a big BLAH. it's asked on many LOR requests i've seen and it's just one less thing they can blame when they lose my letters, so i'll feel better with my amcas id.

Originally posted by pocwana
i'm paranoid. i trust no one, especially when that no one is passing around info of mine. i asked my letter writers before i had my amcas id, so i'm going to be dishing out the extra $. and that gets a big BLAH. it's asked on many LOR requests i've seen and it's just one less thing they can blame when they lose my letters, so i'll feel better with my amcas id.

Pocwana,

I think I'm going to do the same...I'm applying to 35 schools, maybe I'll get like 25 secondaries...that's an extra $125. UCLA SUCKS!

UCLA Paratrooper