Street Philosopher

freebird
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2000
ann arbor
Status
trojans suck.
use regular mail. there was a thread about this exact topic.
w00t.

About the Ads

UCLA Paratrooper

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
Status
I'm going to use regular mail for now, but I'll be using priority with those secondaries I get in Oct or later (b/c of the August MCATs).

UCLA Paratrooper

dr kevin40

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2002
cali
ghetto you
Status
Originally posted by Street Philosopher
trojans suck.

AHHHHHHHHH HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLL NNAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHh

taht's y we've kicked yo ass in football the last 3 yrs?!! taht's y our men's tennis team finished the season as NCAA CHAMPS! aiiiteeeee./!!!!>>>

'BOOOOOYYYAAAAAAA

UCLA Paratrooper

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
Status
Are you guys paying the extra $5 for "special handling," ie. putting AMCAS ID on recs?

UCLA Paratrooper

JZZZZZZZs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2002
Visit site
Status
Post Doc
UCLA Paratrooper,
Is the "special handling" necessary if our Recommender includes our AMCAS ID in the letter?
I think this might just be a ploy for UCLA Career Center to rake in a few extra dollar$!

OP
B

bruinkid

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 31, 2002
Los Angeles, California
Status
honestly, i don't think it matters. your lors will have your soc sec on them anyway.

pocwana

MD/MBA candidate c/o 2008
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 11, 2002
L.A.
www-scf.usc.edu
Status
Medical Student
i'm paranoid. i trust no one, especially when that no one is passing around info of mine. i asked my letter writers before i had my amcas id, so i'm going to be dishing out the extra $. and that gets a big BLAH. it's asked on many LOR requests i've seen and it's just one less thing they can blame when they lose my letters, so i'll feel better with my amcas id.

UCLA Paratrooper

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by pocwana
i'm paranoid. i trust no one, especially when that no one is passing around info of mine. i asked my letter writers before i had my amcas id, so i'm going to be dishing out the extra $. and that gets a big BLAH. it's asked on many LOR requests i've seen and it's just one less thing they can blame when they lose my letters, so i'll feel better with my amcas id.

Pocwana,

I think I'm going to do the same...I'm applying to 35 schools, maybe I'll get like 25 secondaries...that's an extra $125. UCLA SUCKS!

UCLA Paratrooper

About the Ads