to all who are applying/studing in advanced standing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sinatra Frank

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all..

i got 87 nbde part 1 and tofel 101.
i will graduate dental school in 2 months so i dont know what will be my gpa.. i guess around 3..

i have 2 questions:
1) which programmes will i be able to apply this summer? will i lose the academic year of 2009/2010? what are my chances?

2) i dont have green card. lets say i get accepted. what will happen after 2 years once my student visa is over? will i be able to stay and work in the us. without green card? im afraid that i will wast 150k $ for no reason.. what is your opinion?

Members don't see this ad.

hey all..

i got 87 nbde part 1 and tofel 101.
i will graduate dental school in 2 months so i dont know what will be my gpa.. i guess around 3..

i have 2 questions:
1) which programmes will i be able to apply this summer? will i lose the academic year of 2009/2010? what are my chances?

2) i dont have green card. lets say i get accepted. what will happen after 2 years once my student visa is over? will i be able to stay and work in the us. without green card? im afraid that i will wast 150k $ for no reason.. what is your opinion?
How come you wrote NBDE w/ out GPA? I am guessing that you did NBDE w/ marks from 1st 2 years of dental school? That's ok.

1. Yes, you can apply. Get your over all GPA. You have bright, sunshiny chances.

2. You will get 1 year Optional Practical Training(OPT). At the time you employer should be able to apply for work visa(H1) on your behalf.