To all who have or will interview at Nwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moo

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the letter, it says to bring your official MCAT score report and all transcripts. WTF??!?! There's no way I can get AAMC to print out an official MCAT score report for me in time for my interview in two weeks! Will that little unofficial report suffice?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. In fact, a xeroxed COPY of the little score report you got in the mail is what they want. Good luck on the interview. A word of warning: The interview day is LOOOONNNNGGG!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by moo:
•On the letter, it says to bring your official MCAT score report and all transcripts. WTF??!?! There's no way I can get AAMC to print out an official MCAT score report for me in time for my interview in two weeks! Will that little unofficial report suffice?•••••bring them a copy of the unofficial MCAT score report that you've received and don't sweat it :)
as for the transcript I personally ordered an official one, but maybe unofficial copy would suffice as well, not sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by racergirl:
•A word of warning: The interview day is LOOOONNNNGGG!•••••Amen to that, sista.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by pre-hawkdoc:
• •••quote:•••Originally posted by racergirl:
•A word of warning: The interview day is LOOOONNNNGGG!•••••Amen to that, sista.•••••I didn't mind the interview day, but waiting for their decision is driving me nuts :rolleyes:

Just copy the MCAT score report you got in the mail and get transcripts from your registrar. While they do have to have the university seal, they do not have to be sealed in an envelope. Good luck, and enjoy Chicago. I stayed for the weekend! Great time.

Thanks a bundle... It's not the length of the interview day that concerns me, it's the start time: 7:30?!?!?!?! And I'm from the west coast, which means it actually starts at 5:30 on my time! And I thought NYMC was bad

When I interviewed they didn't ask for MCAT scores. They did ask for transcripts, though, and I brought unofficial ones. That was fine with them.

Good luck!

•••quote:•••They did ask for transcripts, though, and I brought unofficial ones.••••When I interviewed in November, the dean told me that unofficial transcripts were not acceptable, even though the lady at the desk who took them didn't say anything. The dean even gave me a special address so I could get them in faster. I don't know if you are planning to bring official transcripts but maybe it would be best (just to be on the safe side).

I didn't ask anyone, I just handed them over with everyone else (although to be honest, everyone else did have official transcripts). Anyways, I've been accepted there, so I'm assuming it was fine.