Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

To all who have or will interview at Nwestern

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by moo, Feb 5, 2002.

1. moo

moo 1K Member

On the letter, it says to bring your official MCAT score report and all transcripts. WTF??!?! There's no way I can get AAMC to print out an official MCAT score report for me in time for my interview in two weeks! Will that little unofficial report suffice?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. racergirl

racergirl Senior Member

Yes. In fact, a xeroxed COPY of the little score report you got in the mail is what they want. Good luck on the interview. A word of warning: The interview day is LOOOONNNNGGG!

4. Assassin

Assassin Assassin

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by moo:
    <strong>On the letter, it says to bring your official MCAT score report and all transcripts. WTF??!?! There's no way I can get AAMC to print out an official MCAT score report for me in time for my interview in two weeks! Will that little unofficial report suffice?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">bring them a copy of the unofficial MCAT score report that you've received and don't sweat it :)
    as for the transcript I personally ordered an official one, but maybe unofficial copy would suffice as well, not sure.

5. pre-hawkdoc

pre-hawkdoc Senior Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by racergirl:
    <strong>A word of warning: The interview day is LOOOONNNNGGG!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Amen to that, sista.

6. Assassin

Assassin Assassin

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by pre-hawkdoc:
    <strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by racergirl:
    <strong>A word of warning: The interview day is LOOOONNNNGGG!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Amen to that, sista.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I didn't mind the interview day, but waiting for their decision is driving me nuts :rolleyes:

7. dukeblue01

dukeblue01 Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Just copy the MCAT score report you got in the mail and get transcripts from your registrar. While they do have to have the university seal, they do not have to be sealed in an envelope. Good luck, and enjoy Chicago. I stayed for the weekend! Great time.

8. moo

moo 1K Member

Thanks a bundle... It's not the length of the interview day that concerns me, it's the start time: 7:30?!?!?!?! And I'm from the west coast, which means it actually starts at 5:30 on my time! And I thought NYMC was bad

9. lizparker

lizparker Junior Member

When I interviewed they didn't ask for MCAT scores. They did ask for transcripts, though, and I brought unofficial ones. That was fine with them.

Good luck!

10. gel1

gel1 Senior Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They did ask for transcripts, though, and I brought unofficial ones.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">When I interviewed in November, the dean told me that unofficial transcripts were not acceptable, even though the lady at the desk who took them didn't say anything. The dean even gave me a special address so I could get them in faster. I don't know if you are planning to bring official transcripts but maybe it would be best (just to be on the safe side).

11. lizparker

lizparker Junior Member

I didn't ask anyone, I just handed them over with everyone else (although to be honest, everyone else did have official transcripts). Anyways, I've been accepted there, so I'm assuming it was fine.