To all you Tufts kids....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

panda01

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently got an interview invite from Tufts (I'm psyched, Tufts rocks) But I have a question--
I'm deciding between an interview in March and one in April. The date in March would be a huge hassle and financial prob to get to, but it's possible. April is better. Prob is, I talked to the admiss office today and the nice man said the committee decides by month, ie. all April interviewees are decided on at the end of April.
Do you see any disadvantage to interviewing in April, besides the fact I'd get a decision later? Are you aware of any stats like April kids get waitlisted a lot more than earlier interviews, or are the acceptances spread out pretty even?
Any info would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Although I don't have any hard statistics about how many April interviewees get accepted; I am a first year student at Tufts and know a good number of people who interviewed in April and were accepted directly, and a few others who interviewed in April and were taken off the waitlist fairly quickly. So I think you should be fine with the April interview date; I got into another school (albeit off the waitlist) where I interviewed in April. If you get waitlisted, don't be discouraged; Tufts takes many people off the waitlist all the way through August (I got in in July). Anyway, let me know if you have any questions and good luck!