SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

To anyone who applied to Texas med schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Georgey, Aug 3, 2001.

1. Georgey

Georgey Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 1, 2001
    Austin, TX
    I'd like to know if anyone out there has had their TMDSAS application to Texas med schools processed. And if so, how long did it take after you submitted your app online?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Banned Banned

Nov 5, 1999
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I think I submitted around June 15th and have an "initial date processed" of July 6th.
  4. spacecadet

spacecadet Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 2, 2001
    Houston, TX
    I submitted my application around July 8th, and they finally got my committee letter on 7/26. So, it's complete, but hasn't been processed yet.

I, also, am interested in knowing the lag time. I wonder if they have started sending out interview letters yet?

5. BioAggie

BioAggie Member 10+ Year Member

Aug 12, 2000
    El Paso, TX
    I did the Texas applications last year. Plan on about a month lag time between when you submit your application and when they "finalize" it in Austin. I submitted mine at the end of July last year and had it sent out by Austin at the beginning of September. Once the app is sent out to the schools though, the interview invites don't take too long to come in (my first interview was at the end of Sept.). Hope this helps.

MSI at Texas Tech SOM
  6. applicant2002

applicant2002 Senior Member 10+ Year Member

i think i remember reading that it takes approx 15 working days to process your app.