OldFrank

10+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
what do you think about their new campus at Shady Grove and how they will have 40 students there watching the lectures online?

PursueYRDream

10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I think it's great!
Did they say anything about when we would get e-mails if we are accepted?

comet81

10+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
For those who were invited to Maryland interview, what are your stat? How many interviews di9d maryland conduct already?

About the Ads

The Kernal

10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Yes, they told us the Friday afternoon session was the last one and that decisions would be made in the next couple of weeks.

As for the Shady Grove campus, I was a little dissappointed to not get more information from it. I know it was new, but there are too many questions not to have more than a 15 minute information session on. They should have had pictures, a handout, something that made us feel better about choosing that option. coming from CA, I was not sure about the area and could have benefited from having more info before I came or after I left. Anyway, it seems like a good idea if it turns out to be all that they say it is.

Just my initial thoughts. I would be selecting that option if I was offered acceptance only because I'm not that excited about living in baltimore.

IsoPod

10+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I know it is not much but here is the website for the shady grove campus. They have not posted much about the new pharmD program but it does give you an idea of what the campus offers.

<http://www.shadygrove.umd.edu/about/>

penguins429

10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
i think that the whole online nature of the program would be a recipe for disaster for me ... i've taken a couple of online classes before, and i could never motivate myself to actually watch the lectures until the night before the exam - i did well only because they were easy classes -- i think it would be a great opportunity for those who want to work a lot, or have other obligations (ie family) - but only if you have self discipline and great time management skills ...
... for me, i'd definitely prefer the baltimore campus ...

OldFrank

10+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
i think that the whole online nature of the program would be a recipe for disaster for me ... i've taken a couple of online classes before, and i could never motivate myself to actually watch the lectures until the night before the exam - i did well only because they were easy classes -- i think it would be a great opportunity for those who want to work a lot, or have other obligations (ie family) - but only if you have self discipline and great time management skills ...
... for me, i'd definitely prefer the baltimore campus ...

I do not think it is considered online. You would watch the lectures online but all the group work and lab will be on campus. I also read that they will increase enrollement at the Shady Grove campus (in the future) so may change the "online lectures" idea after the first year.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.