To anyone who knows anything about HKU MBBS / CUHK MBChB...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ditde

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Wish I could help, i'm really just posting so that this thread does get replies and SDN is not dead to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hope this isn't too late of a reply, I am a degree holder from UBC who was interviewed by CUHK and HKU last year and was admitted to CUHK MBChB year 2 entry.
Looking at your stats I'd say you have a decent shot at landing an interview at both schools, especially given your extracurricular, research experience and recommendation since I had very similar stats and landed interviews for both schools. I'm assuming you are applying after you've completed your undergrad at McGill.
My GPA was not exactly 3.8 but my classes also had very low class averages but I was consistently quite a bit above average so I think they took that into consideration.

In terms of interviews, HKU likes to give a lot of pressure to their applicants and see how they cope, expect questions outside of medical field and controversial ethical questions (they will also challenge your views and see how you react), questions about your research/EC/why HK are a given. Stay up to date with current HK news.
CUHK interview was less stressful (maybe because I went to the HKU one first so I was less nervous for the second interview), felt like the interview was less generic and they were actually interested in getting to know my background.

Hope this isn't too late of a reply, I am a degree holder from UBC who was interviewed by CUHK and HKU last year and was admitted to CUHK MBChB year 2 entry.
Looking at your stats I'd say you have a decent shot at landing an interview at both schools, especially given your extracurricular, research experience and recommendation since I had very similar stats and landed interviews for both schools. I'm assuming you are applying after you've completed your undergrad at McGill.
My GPA was not exactly 3.8 but my classes also had very low class averages but I was consistently quite a bit above average so I think they took that into consideration.

In terms of interviews, HKU likes to give a lot of pressure to their applicants and see how they cope, expect questions outside of medical field and controversial ethical questions (they will also challenge your views and see how you react), questions about your research/EC/why HK are a given. Stay up to date with current HK news.
CUHK interview was less stressful (maybe because I went to the HKU one first so I was less nervous for the second interview), felt like the interview was less generic and they were actually interested in getting to know my background.
Thanks xenox, this was really helpful and encouraging.

Would it be okay if I PMed you with more specific questions about the interview process?

Last edited:
Sure thing, I will try to reply your PMs within a week.

Awesome man thank you, and it's no rush at all!