To Bee and other interested UMass applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

serpiente

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Bee, you didn't allow for private messaging so I'm responding here. I received my app complete notification on 11/19. Then I recieved a UMass invite on 11/28, only a week later. To give you more of an idea I sent in my AMCAS in mid August, my Umass secondary in early Sept, and was verified in mid October. My interview was yesterday and I was only given 5 days notice, which was a little annoying. I had only been on two interviews (ever) so I was pretty nervous. It wasn't bad at all, my interviewers were very nice and laid back, and I wasn't asked any tricky questions. In his admissions presentation, Dean Paraskos told us that they don't have many verified applications, I think that is the real cause of the delay. Also they only interview 2x a week, about 10 people or so a day. Anyway once AMCAS gets your stuff together, UMass works pretty fast, at least at the interview stage. After that, however, you may have to wait until March to hear a definite decision. Yuck. Anyway, just be patient. If you have any q's, don't hesitate to ask. I've been working here for 2 years, so I know quite a bit about the school.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks so much! If I am lucky I will hear something soon. I wonder if they gave you such short notice because you are right there and they knew that you didn't have to worry about travel plans? I live in the Worcester area, so maybe they will use me to fill a spot too! Probably wishful thinking...

I know that they can be pretty slow to give out decisions after the interview. I interviewed there two years ago in October, but didn't get my rejection until April!

Thanks Again!

Bee

Hey Bee,
Just wanted to let you know that, ALL the applicants at my interview were given short notice. I think they do it because we're all Mass residents. It only takes 2-3 hrs to drive across MA. Although a few of the people at my interview had to come up from NY and other places where they temporarily reside. I wish you the best of luck with apps this year. PS, just wondering did you get into others schools last time around, and you just really wanted to go to UMass or did you not get in anywhere? That's a decision I will be struggling with this year I think. PS You live in the Worcester area too? Maybe I've seen you around.

sheila :)